chapter four

Alvaro Russo

We're now in my office sitting opposite each other. She brushes her black her out of her face before looking me in the eyes as if she's trying to reach my soul. "Can I ask why I'm here, sir?" She asks me. "You can just call me Alvaro," I say in a harsh tone.  "I wanted to ask who gave you those bruises," I say. She shakes her head and says: " My friend and I were just play-fighting."  I don't believe her, but she doesn't have a reason to trust me. "Okay, you can go," I say, she turns around while swaying her hips a bit. 

While she walks out I realized I  was staring at her ass. But can you blame a man? Her perfect body is just... I don't even have words for it. I hear a knock on the door and look up. "Come in." Gio walks in with a file of papers. "The French are at it again. Our detective found out they're planning to attack this house in about two weeks." For fuck sake. "Then we're going to beat them at their own game got it?" I say. He nods while I talk further. "In about one week I want everyone to be ready to attack those fuckers. I'm done taking their shit. They are starting it but let me make this clear the Italians are going to fucking finish it." 

Alana Romano

I still don't get why Alvaro wanted to talk to me. It's not like he didn't kidnap me and is keeping me host to clean his place up and serve him food, so why does he care about my bruises? Like he can see them anyone can but does he need to react? 

I walk towards Victoria and Stella and help them prepare lunch, then serve it to the man. The whole time I'm serving food I feel a pair of olive green eyes on my back, annoying me. When we're done we do the laundry. Do these men wash five times a day or something? After that, it's dinner time, and just like lunch while serving I feel his eyes on me again. I don't look because it doesn't feel right. Why would I look back to show him that I know he's looking and right after BAM I'm dead?  After dinner, I eat some rice with salad and I go up to my room with Vic and Stella. 

When we reach our room I change into my other clothes and lay down next to Vic and Stella. "Do you know what Alvaro wanted from you?" Stella asks me. "It's weird, he asked me why I have bruises over my body." Stella and Vic exchange a look which makes me curious. "Can I ask you why you have them on your leg?" Vic asks me. "I fell from the stairs while playing with my little cousin." I lie and I feel bad for it. I know he's a bad person and I shouldn't defend him, but my mom is happy, or whatever her new definition of happiness is, and I don't want to ruin that for her. They nod their heads and I know from their eyes that they don't believe me.  Bad liars like me shouldn't have reasons to lie.

We lay down and talk about everything and anything. "Has one of you guys ever fallen in love?" Stella asks. I shake my head no and so does Victoria. "Why do you want to know?"  I ask her. "Well I don't know if I am but when I know I'll tell you." She says. "But how have you never fallen in love like not even a crush?" She asks me. "Nope, I was homeschooled and the only boy's I saw were my brother and neigbors." Victoria says. "I was a loner and didn't have anny friends in high school." I say.  Stella nods her head again. "We should go to bed. Sleep well girls." Vic says. We tell eachother goodnight and lay down. After a while I fall into a peacefull sleep.