chapter six

Alana Romano

"First of he's no family of mine. And I'm not going to marry you for him." He looks me into my eyes with his olive green eyes. "Everyone leaves the room except Alana." He yells and everyone starts moving. "Why did you make everyone leave?" I ask him. "Because this is going to be between us two." He says while sitting down in his office chair. "What did he do to you?" He asks me. Not this again, I don't want to tell anyone anything about my past. I just want to leave it behind me. "Why do you care? I'm just a maid." I say.  "Yeah but you're a special one, 'cause anyone else would just say they would marry me. But you just tell me what you want. Not what I want you to." I just ignore the fear inside of me and hate that I don't say what I feel and don't know how to express my feelings. 

"The past week that you're here I've seen you smile a lot with your two friends but none of those were real. I know that because I know myself how to put on a fake smile," he continues. "What do you want to say with all of this?" I say while signing. "Because I want you to know why I want to marry you and not some other girl. I don't want to marry at all but I need to if I want to stay il capo." He says. "Well, I don't want to marry at all so no I'm not doing it." If you marry someone you're going to spend a lot of time with them, and if you spend a lot of time with a person feelings can get involved. If feelings get involved you get attached and if you get attached and they leave or betray you it will hurt like a bitch. So that's why I don't want to marry not him not, anyone.

 "Why not?" He asks me. "Does it matter? Do you care? Or are you pretending to care so I'll give you what you want?" I say with a sigh. "I care, not only are you one of my people but that conversation with you're daddy, I didn't like it at all. So does it have to do with him?" I want to tell him. I don't know why but I just want to and it feels good, but he won't understand. "Partly but you won't understand," I said tilting my head down. "Make me understand Alana. If I need to  I'll chop his head off."

 I don't want to tell anyone. But what if he will help me?

Just agree so he'll shut up. 

But I don't want to marry him. 

Just Fucking agree Alana da Graca Romano. 

"I'll do it just let it be," I say listening to my conscience. "Okay, but we will talk about this later. For now, what do you want as an engagement gift." He wants to give what now? "Oh, I don't need anything." I don't want to take advantage of him, it would make me feel disgusting. "I don't have to be a thing you know. It's a tradition that the man gives his wife-to-be an engagement ring and gift after an engagement. It can be anything you want." "I'll think about it," I say. 

"Okay so from now on you don't have to work as a maid and you have a separate room. I will explain the other stuff later on to you." After a long awkward silence, I nod my head and want to leave. "Where's my new room?" I ask him putting my head down, which I forgot he hates. "Put your head up when you speak." I look up meeting his olive-green eyes. "Now you can talk to me, not to the floor," he says with his eyes still on mine. "Where's my room?" I say. "2nd floor first to the right mine is to the left if you need me. But you'll mostly find me in my office." I nod and walk out of the office.

I need to tell Victoria and Stella about this. I mean I'm gonna marry the asshole that kidnapped us all, I don't even know why. I know why I wanted him to stop, but I don't know why my brain didn't think of another solution at that time. I wish it had because I didn't want to get married. I wanted to go to college and study to be a nurse after that I would travel around the world and help those in need. Be the person I needed but who never was there. But I guess dreams stay dreams we wake up from as soon as we open our eyes in the morning.

~~~~~~

"You're gonna do what now?" Victoria asks with eyes wide open. "Yeah please repeat 'cause I think I heard that you have to marry Alvero because that yerk of your stepfather has a debt," Stella says. Yes, I told them about a second ago and they look like they could explode any moment. 

"Yes, but it's not that bad and I get to choose an engagement present. It could be anything, and I want you guys to be by my side sometimes, so I thought you guys could still live here but just chill around." I say. I look at them and they are still in shock, but who wouldn't be? "Alana, you don't have to do that. You already have to marry someone without actually wanting to so you should do something for yourself." Victoria says. I look into her eyes and see she means what she's saying. Then I look in Stella's direction the way she looked in my direction tells me enough. Even though their lives have been hell they want what's best for me. "Yeah well, you're in luck that I do this for myself. I need someone to talk to and fool around with and annoy the living shit out of. So yeah I need you guys this is for me 100%." I say. 

Then my room door opens and it's none other than my stupid fiancé. "Aren't you guys supposed to be doing chores?" He says to Vic and Stella. "Miss Romano asked us to join her in her new room," Victoria says looking in his direction. "We should go, we have a lot of things to do," Stella says. And with that, my friends stand up from the bed and walk with their heads down past Alvero.

 "You said you wanted to talk to me about your engagement present. "Yeah, I want Victoria and Stella to not be maids anymore and just chill around with me," I say, hoping he gives me that. "You sure you don't want something for yourself." He says. "Yes I need them so it is for me, they are super important to me and I want the best for them. I can't be living in a room like this when I know how they are living in that stupid maid dress and dirty basement." I say looking in his direction. "Okay if that is what you want, they will share a room." He walks out of the room and I breathe out the breath I didn't even know I was holding.

At least I'm having this adventure with my friends.