42. The seven stages

"Never forget who helped you out while everyone was making excuses"

---

"Are you kidding me?" The Handler asked as she put her hands on the edge of her desk "You said I could hire my own team" Lila said "Yes, but I didn't mean him, for God's sake. If you don't see the problem with hiring you-know-who's brother, then you're not ready for that badge" The Handler and pointed at Lila.

"I'm sorry, but I really need to get going" Diego said "Shut up!" both Lila and The Handler said out loudly.

"I can't do this job if you don't trust my instincts" Lila said "Sweetheart, your vagina needs glasses. He's not worth it" The Handler said "Mum! Oh my God" Lila said before she took a deep breath "This may shock you, but not everyone here likes you" she said "Sounds ridiculous, but go on" The Handler said "You need fresh blood loyal to us and not the old regime. I've seen Diego in the field. He is so much better trained than most of the assholes here. Why waste that when we can use it? He'll be my personal responsibility" Lila said.

"You know, your brother Five and I...we have quite...a colorful history" The Handler said "My brother has beef with everybody, me included" Diego said.

"Let me ask you something" The Handler said as she grabbed her lighter before lighting it "When you're looking down the barrel of a gun, where do your loyalties lie, with your family or your principles?" she asked "With me" Diego said causing The Handler to rise an eyebrow "I don't belong to anybody" he said before he turned to Lila "Especially Lila" he said.

"That I can work with. Rum him through orientation, fill out his start paperwork" The Handler said causing Lila to smile "But...if he ruffles even one feather, you will kill him yourself. Understood?" The Handler said "Thanks. Mum" Lila said.

---

Five had being awake the whole night as he was thinking about a plan.

He had being walking back and forth in the bedroom.

Once he heard Luther's snoring, Five blinked out of the bedroom and he gently lay a blanket over you before laying a kiss on your forehead after that he returned to the bedroom until next morning.

---

"You have being like a daughter to me, so thank you for making my life a little more enjoyable"

You opened your eyes to see that you were still laying on the couch and you spotted Luther asleep on a chair.

Then suddenly the sound of a fridge opened and soft rattling was heard causing Luther to wake up before he looked at you to see you were sitting up.

"Five?" Luther asked as he got up from the couch.

"Shit" Luther said as you and him walked towards the kitchen.