26. Maybe he's the answer

"Nothing hurts more than having flashback of all the things that broke you"

---

The sound of energy zaps was heard as Five and Hazel appeared on the same street but everything was different, it was more quite and peaceful.

"Okay..." Five said while looking around "What the hell was that?" he asked as he looked back at Hazel "The end of the world, November 25, 1963" Hazel answered "'63..." Five said while looking around confused before he chuckled softly as he put his hands together, looking back at Hazel.

"You know, Hazel, I'm no history buff, but I don't recall there being a nuclear holocaust" he said "No shit" Hazel said as the two looked around "What about my family? What about Nat?" Five asked as he looked back at Hazel "Dead, like everyone else" Hazel answered "And where am I now?" Five asked "Dallas. Same street. 10 days earlier. Plenty of time to restore the timeline and save them" Hazel said before he sat down on a bench "Okay" Five whispered before he sat down next to Hazel.

"So where do we start?" Five asked "'We'? You're on your own, pal. I'm just here to keep a promise to Agnes" Hazel said "Is she...?" Five asked "Dead?" Hazel asked "Yeah" Five said and Hazel nodded "Cancer" he said as he remember the time he shared with the woman he loved "Took her quick. But we had 20 good years together. I guess forever just wasn't the cards" he said "I'm sorry Hazel" Five said with a voice that he actually cared and felt sorry for Hazel.

He knew how it felt, he just lost you.

"What about The Commission?" Five asked "I quit those assholes, remember? I don't owe them the fuzz off my peaches" Hazel said and Five looked forward and that's when he spotted three men walking towards them. The men had almost the same face, the same eye color and they had platinum blonde hair.

"Well then, who the hell are those guys?" Five asked as he got up and the three guys lifted up their guns, pointing them at Five and Hazel "Shit" Hazel said before he put something in Five's pocket "Run" he said and gave Five the briefcase and just as the men started shooting at them, Five blinked away while Hazel was shot multiple times in the chest causing pedestrians to start screaming.

Five appeared behind a car with a gasp as he was crouching down.

The sound of a electricity crackling was heard and Five looked at the briefcase to see that it was broken "How many times did I say 'Bulletproof briefcase'?" he said before he lifted his head to peek from behind the car.

But the three guys spotted him and they pointed their guns at the car causing Five to let out a gasp before he moved his head down again.

The three guys started shooting at the car, but Five reach to blink away before he appeared on a building's roof while panting.

Five grunted softly as he got to his feet before he blink away again, appearing by the alley, he landed in.

He looked back as he heard old-timey police siren wailing and he scratched the back of his head as he turned back and that's when he spotted someone quickly moving away causing the curtain to move a bit.