36. Are you gonna kill me

"Keep your heart open, believe in getting and giving love, let love flow around and in you"

---

Lila let out a loudly grunt while gasping as Five still had his foot pressed against her throat.

"You've got a good nose" The Handler said "You know, planting her in psych ward" Five said as he glanced at her before looking back at Lila "Taking advantage of my simpleton brother, that was smart" he said.

"Well, the apples don't fall far from the tree" The Handler said and he turned to her, furrowing his brows as he tilted his head while Lila was choking softly.

"She's your---" "Daughter" The Handler said, cutting Five off as he pointed on Lila "Yes. And she's my only one, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't crush her windpipe" she said as Lila was gasping while grunting.

Five press his foot more against Lila's throat before removing it and Lila gasped for air before she started panting as she got to her feet.

When she had catch her breath again, she took a step closer to Five "I am so going to enjoy killing you and your little girlfriend someday" she said but Five just stared calmly at her.

"Lila, darling, would you give us a minute, please?" The Handler asked "Yes, the grown-ups need to talk" Five said with a fake smile and Lila turned to The Handler who nodded.

Lila rolled her eyes before she walked to the other end of the room, pushing something off a table causing it to fall to the floor with a loud clatter and she sat down by a table.

"What is it you want?" Five asked as he turned to look at The Handler "Do you like jazz, Five?" The Handler asked "I'd rather lick a cheese grater" he answered "Aww" she said as she smiled at him before she started walking around him.

"Jazz is like a beautiful woman" she said as she started walking towards one of the tables behind Five causing him to turn around "Complex, emotional, hard to please. She doesn't just give it to you...she makes you work for it, just like your girlfriend Natalie" she said "Nat is not like that and I'm really hoping that you're going somewhere with this" he said as he glanced at her.

"Under my leadership, The Commission would sound more like..." she said as she put her arms out while she took a step towards him "...Jazz" she whispered before she started mimics soft jazz rhythm while tapping her foot on the floor.

"And what about the board of directors?" he asked "Well, that's where you come in" she said and poked on his nose before stepping back and he shook his head "Nope. No, it isn't" he said calm while he shook his head slightly with his head tilted a little bit.

"In exchange for the assassination of the board, I'm willing to get you and your family out of this timeline and back to 2019 where you belong" she said as she walked past him and he turned around to look at her.