32. The Majestic Twelve

"Imagining something is the first step towards doing it"

---

"You want me to protect Five?" Lila asked as her and The Handler was eating pancakes.

"It's not that complicated, honey" The Handler said "If anyone deserves to die, it's him" Lila said "That's true, but--" "The most wanted man in the Commission" Lila said, cutting The Handler off.

"Yes" The Handler said "Now you want me to protect him" Lila said "That's correct" The Handler said "After everything he's done to you? He's the reason you got demoted" Lila said "Be that as it may...he's worth more to me alive" The Handler said before she poured herself some wine in her glass.

"If you want to kill somebody why don't you kill Diego?" she asked and Lila shook her head "No" she said "You sure? I think it'll make you feel better" The Handler said "Nah" Lila said before taking a bite of her pancake.

"Suit yourself. Pass me more syrup, will you?" The Handler asked and Lila grabbed the syrup before she poured some syrup on The Handler's pancakes.

"By the way Natalie is still alive" Lila said and The Handler froze "What?" she asked and Lila nodded "Are you sure?" The Handler asked "I saw her alive and breathing" Lila said "I thought you told me that she was dead" The Handler said "Well, she was. But somehow she is alive" Lila said "Does Five know?" The Handler asked and Lila nodded "Shit" The Handler said.

"But she don't remember anything" Lila said and The Handler looked back at her "What?" she asked "She don't remember Five or anything until four months ago. She remember nothing, not even her own name, she think her name is Emily" Lila said "Well, that can help me" The Handler said "In what way?" Lila asked "In getting her over to our side" The Handler said "I don't think we can do that. Since she saw Five, they have spend a lot of time together and I think it wouldn't be long until she get her memories back" Lila said.

"Shit. If I knew that she was alive. She would have being your mission instead of Diego" The Handler said "Why?" Lila asked "If I knew about this four months ago or just a month go. I would have sent you to be friends with her, get into her head, convince her that you knew her. Manipulative her into thinking that we were her family and Five was the enemy" The Handler said "Do you think that it would have work?" Lila asked and The Handler nodded "It will. But lucky I have a backup plan" she said.

"Which is?" Lila asked "Well, if my plan with Five doesn't work then I will try to get that little witch to kill him" The Handler said "Do you think that will work?" Lila asked "I just need to find something to get her to lose control. I know that Five would never hurt his little Nat. But Natalie will as long as she don't remember him, she will if she lose control" The Handler said.

"By the way, I ran into some trouble at the asylum, during the escape" Lila said as The Handler poured some more syrup on her pancakes "These three blond guys. Total cowboys" Lila said and The Handler froze for a second before looking at Lila "They're here already?" she asked "Wait, you know those freaks?" Lila asked "Commission muscle. Triplets. Like Huey, Dewey, and Louie, only a little more meshugahs" The Handler said "You sent them?" Lila asked.