21. Let her out

"Second chances are not given to make things right, but are given to prove that we could be better even after we fall"

---

You were 12 years and you and Diego were in his room.

You were both laying upside down with your legs up against the wall and your heads hanging from the bed.

"I don't get Luther. Why is he such a daddy's boy?" Diego asked as he was playing with his knife with his left hand "You're a mommy's boy" you said and Diego sent you a glare "It's not the same" he said and you chuckled.

"I just don't get why he always wanted to do anything father say" he said "Cause he is number One" you said "Yeah, but why him, I'm just as a great leader as he is, even better actually" he said "It's that why you are such a showoff everytime we train?" you asked and he nodded "I just want to proof myself to dad that I can do more than he think" he said "You don't have to proof yourself to anyone, Knife-Boy. Reginald don't show us any respect and he never will" you said "You're lucky that you are not one of his children" he said "Yeah" you said "But you will always be our sister" he said as he looked at you and you smiled.

"As soon as I'm old enough, I'm moving out of here, becoming my own person. And one day, I'm gonna show that old man what I can do" he said "Diego, you don't need to. Just because Reginald don't see it, then it doesn't mean that others doesn't. I mean I see you" you said and he let out a chuckled.

"Promise us that you will never forget about us" he said and you looked at him "Diego, you are one of my best friends. I love you like a brother, I mean you and your siblings are like my second family, so of course I will never forget about us guys" you said "I'm glad I have sister like you" he said and you smiled.

"NAT, WHERE ARE YOU?" you and Diego suddenly heard Five calling out from downstairs.

"You better go to your Jumpy Guy. You can't let your Romeo wait, Juliet" Diego said and you both chuckled as you got up.

"Thanks for the talk and hanging out with me" he said "Of course, see you later Knife-Boy" you said "See you later, little sis" he said and you smiled as you walked out of Diego's room.

---

Diego let out a groan as he regained consciousness, he grunted as he lifted his head up from the floor "Shit" he said with a sigh, putting his hand on the back of his head as he looked at Five sitting by the bar counter.

"Good, you're up. Ready for a drink now?" Five asked and Diego's eyes widened before he jumped onto his feet, looking around, trying to spot Hazel "Where is he?" he asked "I let him go" Five said "You what?" Diego asked, taking some steps towards him.

"Now that the apocalypse is over, it's time for the fighting to stop" Five said but Diego bent down, grabbing his knife off the floor "Hey, he didn't kill Patch. His partner Cha-Cha did" Five said "So what? They were both there that night" Diego said "This half of the partnership gave us both of their guns. Which will clear you, because the ballistics will match Patch's crime scene. Hazel came here for a way out. He wanted a fresh start. And he happened to have in his possession the one thing that could do our family a little good. So it's time to move on" Five said "Not a chance" Diego said "Suit yourself" Five said before he grabbed Delores and jumped off his chair.