~xxiv~

You woke up, still pressed against Geralt's chest.

He was looking down at you, his hand lazily stroking your hair.

You grumbled, adjusting so you were looking up at him, and you stared into his golden eyes.

"Morning," Geralt said, with a smile.

"Morning," You said, leaning up and gently placing your lips on his.

You then looked down at your hands, seeing the blackness spreaded all the way down your fingers, stopping at the top of your palm.

"Shit," You said.

Geralt gently grabbed your hands, sighing.

"We need to go," You said, before slipping out of his arms, using the blanket to cover you, then hesitantly using your magic to lift it up and cover you while you changed.

You dropped it, before putting in your daggers in your boot, before stepping out of the tent, Geralt close behind you.

"Geralt," You said.

"Love," Geralt replied.

"What happens if I...turn into what I'm supposed to do, in front of you?" You asked.

Geralt thought.

"I'd still protect you," Geralt said.

"What if I try to kill you?" You asked. 

"I know no matter what happens," Geralt said, his hand resting on your back. "You'd never do anything to hurt me."

He smiled, leaning down and pecking your lips, before leading you down to where everyone else was.

"At a quick pace, we can make it back to the Pensive Dragon before sundown," Geralt said. 

You shook your head.

"We're almost at the top," You said. "It's...too late to turn back now."

Geralt sighed.

"It's never too late," Geralt said. 

"I just have a feeling...they might need me," You said, quietly.

"The Dragons or the hunters?" Geralt asked.

"I don't even know," You said, grabbing at your hair.

Geralt pulled your hands away from your hair, smoothing it out, before leaning you against him.

"Wait," You said, leaning away from Geralt and hopping down the small cliff your tent was on. "Where are those fucking dwarfs?"

"Y/n!" Yennefer yelled, running towards you.

"Yen?" You said, as Geralt hopped down besides you.

"The dwarfs left early," Yennefer said. "We have to go. Now."

"Y/n-"