~v~

After days of traveling, you and Geralt found a place to get some supplies and rest up.

Entering the tall Inn in the forest, people played music and talked and laughed.

"Too lively," You muttered, and Geralt chuckled, sitting you and him in the corner, as the both of you mapped out where you wanted to go.

The man singing kept looking at you with a smile, causing Geralt to reach across the table and lace his fingers with yours.

The man singing approached you both, causing Geralt to grunt.

"I love the way you two just...sit in the corner and act mysterious," The man said.

"We're here to drink and work alone," Geralt scowled.

"Good, yeah, good," The man said. "No one else hesitated to comment on the quality of my performance, except...for you two."

He sat down next to you, a little too close, causing you to hiss at him, your eyes glowing green, and him to scoot a couple inches away.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" He said, and you scowled, turning to look back at the map. "Come on, you don't want to leave a man waiting with...bread in his pants. You must have some review for me. Three words or less."

"They don't exist,"

"Fuck off,"

You and Geralt said at the same time, not even bothering to look at the man.

"What don't exist?" The man asked.

"The creatures in your song," Geralt grumbled, making eye contact with the man.

"And how would you know?" The man asked.

Rolling your eyes, you flicked your fingers out, allowing magic to flow through your hand and out onto the cup sitting on the table, knocking it over.

Geralt picked it up quick enough before anything spilt, and the man gaped.

"Oh, fun!" He said. "White hair...big, has a partner, one very...very scary-looking sword. I know who you two are."

Geralt pulled you up from the opposite seat, gathering the map and folding it, placing it in a pouch.

"You're the Witcher, Geralt of Rivia!" The man said. "And you must be Y/n, the Sorcerer everyone is talking about."

Geralt pulled you out further, closer to the door.

"Called it!" The man called out.

Someone's hand came down on your shoulder, causing you to scowl and Geralt to grab the person's hand off your shoulder and give him a glare.

"A job I've got for ya, I beg you!" The boy said. "The devil-he's been stealing all our grain. In advance, I'll pay you. A hundred ducat in total."

"One-fifty," Geralt bargained.

The boy reached into his shirt, pulling out a pouch of coins.