~i~

•Present Day•

Ever since Geralt first met you, he has always kept a hand on you.

Whether it was the small of your back, to your arm, your shoulder, your thigh, it was to make sure you weren't going anywhere.

You and Geralt have been together for 5 1/2 years now at least, and Geralt has been the most protective man you have ever met.

Any man who gets a foot close to you ends up on the ground, dead.

A couple years ago, you had ran into an elder while traveling for your mission, and she had asked for food and water.

You had hesitated, before giving it to her.

She revealed herself as a beautiful mage, and, thanking you for your kindness, she let you have one wish.

You ended up getting a necklace for Geralt, with the enchantment to never be put under a mage's spell.

And since then, you felt safer, knowing if there are mages nearby, trying to steal Geralt from you, you'd be safe.

You had told him about the enchantment, of course, and Geralt had never put on an accessory so quick before.

Geralt kept one hand on your waist that had the reins to Roach in it, and his other hand on your thigh.

Both your hood and his hood were over your heads, as civilians stared at the both of you, as Roach made his way through the village.

Geralt stopped Roach outside of an Inn, helping you get off, as he quickly removed both his hands to tie Roach on a post, before placing a hand on the small of your back and both of you making your way inside the Inn.

As soon as the both of you entered, civilians stopped talking, and the music stopped playing.

There were scattered whispers throughout the Inn, and Geralt tugged you closer by the back of your cloak.

As you approached the bar, the bartender stared at Geralt, as he placed a map on the counter.

"Point me to the alderman's house," Geralt said.

"Oh! It's down the alley to the left-"

"Isadora!"

The woman was cut-off by a man, who looked ticked off.

Isadora gave a small nod to the man, looking at both of you apologetically, before walking off.

"We don't want you and your little whore here, Witcher," The man scolded.

"The alderman," Geralt repeated. "Tell me where he is and we'll be on our way."

"You don't give the orders around here," Another man said, causing you and Geralt to turn. "You mutant son of a bitch."

"You hear that?" The first man, likely the Innkeeper said. "Go. On your own or at the end of a rope, your choice."

"Not a hard choice," You muttered, to Geralt, who's grip on your back tightened.

"Yeah, fuck that!" The second man said. "Kill him with your bare hands if you have to."