~xxii~

You stood outside the back of your tent, watching as the sun set down over the mountains, your hands crossed behind your back.

The wind whipped in your hair, and you looked up at the sky that was painted orange and yellow, with a hint of pink.

"Y/n, what are you doing out?" Geralt asked. "It's...cold out."

You looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Really?" You said, walking towards him and wrapping your arms around his neck. "You have no other excuse to make me come inside?"

"Not in my mind," Geralt said, his arms wrapping around your waist as he leaned down and pecked your lips. "You should go to bed, get some sleep. Some good sleep."

"You'll be there with me?" You asked.

"Always, love," Geralt said, with a smile.

You both went inside the tent, goosebumps forming on your skin as the coldness of your skin met the warm inside.

You used your magic to hold up some other clothing to block Geralt from seeing you change.

"That's cheating," Geralt said.

You shrugged, throwing your sleep gown over your head and then dropping the other clothes, quickly putting them away, before turning off the oil lamp and getting under the blanket with the Witcher.

You laid your head on his chest, as he cradled you, kissing your head repeatedly.

"Why did you volunteer to lead Yennefer back to her tent?" Geralt asked. "After all those...mean things she said to you."

You shrugged, even though he couldn't see it.

"I...don't know," You said. "I don't want to be enemies with her. I don't want her to hate me."

"How could anyone hate you?" Geralt asked, stroking your hair.

"Don't say that," You said.

"What?" Geralt said.

"Just...let me sleep," You said, closing your eyes and burying yourself into the crook of his neck, taking in the sweet, comforting scent of chamomile. "Geralt?"

"Love?" Geralt replied, still stroking your hair, but it was slower.

"Do you have a comforting scent?" You asked. 

"Mhm," Geralt hummed. "You."

"What's that smell like?" You asked.

"Green apples," Geralt said, with no hesitation.

"I'm glad that comforts you," You said.

"You have the weirdest questions," Geralt said, and you laughed.

"But you love me for it," You said.

"I sure do," Geralt said, quietly, kissing your shoulder, before both of you fell asleep.

•🏹•