~*xi*~

Y/n's POV

Someone was whispering your name. You were in pain, causing you to groan.

Warm water dabbed at your most achy parts, causing you to hiss.

"Shh, Y/n, you're safe,"

"Renfri..." You muttered.

"There...will...always...be..a-a...dra-dragon...wai-waiting...f-for you..Q-"

"SLUT!"

"Whore!"

"Beast!"

"She's a murderer!"

"Renfri..." You muttered again.

Your eyes suddenly opened, and you groaned.

Your eyes met golden ones, and you turned to see Geralt.

He had his fingers laced with yours, his face cleaned up from the blood he had.

"Geralt...?" You whispered.

"I'm here, love," Geralt said, with a soft smile. "You're safe, now."

"You will heal," Triss said, making her way towards you with a smile. "Your will to live is strong."

"That's comforting," You muttered. "What...what about the p-princess?"

"I've arranged for her to stay a while with the Sisters of Melitele," Triss said. 

"But...I...her...neck," You said, while your mind raced.

Geralt quietly hushed you, his thumb soothing your knuckles.

"She'll heal, too," Triss reassured. "You should know Foltest issued a statement. The honorable Lord Ostrist gave his life to slay the vukodlak. Miners are gathering ore for a statue."

You nodded, before opening up your arms, and Geralt let out a soft chuckle, picking you up and placing you on the side of the bed.

"Anyone else could've killed the princess," Triss said, as Geralt kissed your forehead. "You both chose not too."

"We'll take our coin now," Geralt said, still looking at you with a soft smile. "We need to get back to our horse."

He grabbed you a clean set of cloth to put over you, smiling at you as you placed on your clothing.

"Y/n?" Triss said.

You hummed.

"Who...who's Renfri?" She asked, and you stopped moving. "Hers was the only name you uttered over and over in your sleep. Geralt wouldn't answer me when I asked who she was."

You grabbed at your side, your back still facing Triss.

You placed on your cloak, before slipping on your boots.

"Our coin," Geralt said, changing the subject.

"So that's all life is to you two?" Triss asked. "Monsters and money?"