~*iii*~

After an hour of walking in a comfortable silence, Geralt stopped Roach and you in the forest, next to a flowing river.

Birds chirped overhead, and Geralt told you he'd be back with supplies.

He left you there with Roach, and it was uncomfortable. Without Geralt's hand on you, you felt unprotected.

There was a twig crunching behind you, and you quickly spun around, whipping out a dagger and using your magic to control it, having it stop right in front of the intruder's face.

"Renfri," You said, still holding the dagger up, your eyes glowing green.

"You can put the dagger down, Y/n," Renfri said.

She let out a chuckle, moving the dagger aside as she approached you.

You brought the dagger back to you, placing it back in your belt, but the magic still flowing at your hands.

"The girl this morning," Renfri said. "She took you and White Hair to see Stregobor, didn't she?"

You didn't answer.

"You know that I want to kill Stregobor, then," Renfri continued. "I was just like you. A princess. Did he tell you that?"

You moved away from Renfri, allowing the magic to disappear from your hands, making your way next to Roach as you swung your cloak over your bare shoulders.

"Until he sent a thug into the woods to kill me," Renfri muttered.

"You killed him," You corrected.

"With my mother's brooch," Renfri said, with a small smile.

You looked away, making your way back to Roach, before Geralt came back with a pile of wood in his arms.

He dropped it at the sight of Renfri.

"Get out," Geralt snarled.

"What, Witcher, you don't want two women here?" Renfri joked.

"I said get out," Geralt hissed. "I'm warning you, Renfri. Get the fuck out."

Renfri held her arms up, turning on her heels, and walking out of the forest.

You stared at her until she disappeared, and Geralt's hand returned to your back.

"Did she hurt you?" Geralt asked.

"No," You said.

"Y/n," Geralt said, and you spun around to face him. "When Stregobor asked how you got your powers, you-"

"Seriously, Geralt," You said. "It's...I-not now."

"Why can't you just tell me?" Geralt asked.

"An explosion happened, and I got hit, and it gave me the power," You said. "There, you happy?"

"That's it?" Geralt asked, and you exhaled a sigh.

"There's more," You said. "But I can't tell you. Not now, at least."