~ix~

Snow howled around both you and Geralt, as you were sat on his lap, his arms wrapped around your waist as you both looked up at the castle, watching the guards.

"You were told to leave Temeria," Triss said, coming up behind you both.

"But come on," Geralt said. "These views."

"Are you going to kill her?" Triss asked.

Geralt exhaled a frustrated sigh, shifting you on his lap.

"I don't want the miners' coin," Geralt said.

"Or mine, apparently," Triss said. "What is this girl to you?"

You looked at Geralt, and he shook his head at you, indicating it meant nothing to him.

You think.

"Why do you care?" Triss continued.

"You first," Geralt muttered. "I saw how Foltest and his boy spoke to you. Why help those who won't listen?"

Triss sighed.

"I'm sure someone as legendary as you has already figured out several ways to get past Segelin's guards," Triss said.

Geralt looked at you.

"Don't look at me," You said, shrugging your shoulders. "I'm not legendary."

Geralt playfully rolled his eyes, picking up a rock and handing it to you.

He nodded up at the guards, and with your magic to help, you threw it up to the guards as it landed with a loud "thud" on the ground.

Geralt then lifted you off his lap, his hand resting on your back as Triss led you and Geralt inside the palace.

"Temeria reeks of secrets," Triss said, as you and Geralt tried to open doors. "I could sense them. Just like I could these bodies before we entered. I imagine you sense them, too, Y/n."

You didn't answer her. You continued trying to open doors, trying to get in front of Geralt, but he pulled you back near him.

"Foltest and Adda," Triss said, and you looked at her, looking to where she was at a painting of a young Foltest and Adda. "What happened to them?"

You looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Not answering questions," Triss said. "It is a pillar of your brooding charm."

You looked behind you, seeing Geralt with a straight expression with his arms crossed.

"He usually asks the questions," You muttered.

Geralt didn't answer either of you, and to get his attention, you slipped by him a couple feet forwards, as he failed to grab you and pull you back.

"Pretty sure Foltest is the father," You said, slipping past bodies on the ground, Geralt walking quicker to be near you.

When you reached a set of stairs, Geralt had successfully been able to grab you and place his hand on your back.