𝐨𝐨𝐩𝐬𝐢𝐞𝐬 || 𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

sunshine x gn reader

fluffy and adorable 

638 words

The gardens were the calmest they have been since the beginning of spring. The earth ghouls were on the final steps of bringing life back to the garden. More and more flowers began to bloom and show their colors. The weather was finally getting nicer, with all the cold weather gone and most of the snow melted, it was a perfect time to stroll the gardens.

y/n sat hunched over a patch of flowers. They buried their fingers into the soft earth again, pushing in more of their magic. Still, the flowers didn't budge. With the amount of magic they were using, the flowers should be 3 feet tall by now. Fucking winter always ruining the damn garden. They shook their head and sighed. Stupid plants. They stood up and dusted off their pants.

"Fu–" Some unknown object hurled into them, causing them to lose footing. y/n fell to the ground with whatever crashed into them laying on their chest. They lifted their head to see another ghoul. They lifted their head as well.

"Looks like I fell for ya!" they jested. y/n smirked and looked into their glowing orange eyes. They seemed to glow with the sun overhead.

"Is there someone named Mountain here?" the ghoul snapped them out of their trance.

"Yea, I think he's in the greenhouse." they gestured to it vaguely.

"Could you take me there?" the ghoul asked. "I get lost easily." y/n laughed and nodded. Both got up from the ground and dusted the dirt from themselves.

"I'm Sunshine, by the way." she stuck her hand out.

"y/n." their hands met in a firm handshake. Sunshine used this to her advantage and dragged the poor earth ghoul along. She dragged them around aimlessly for around 3 minutes before y/n rolled their eyes and took the lead. They weaved through the countless siblings going for walks and the earth ghouls tending to the flowers. Sunshine stared in awe as an earth ghoul made a whole patch of flowers bloom with little effort.

"Are you able to do that too?!" she questioned, pointing at the earth ghoul. y/n nodded.

"That's what I was trying to do before you fell on me."

"Oopsies." Sunshine shrugged her shoulders and laughed.

The green house was quite large, taking up a lot of room in the garden area. The more skilled earth ghouls were usually found lurking through its rows of plants. Papa Emeritus I would also make the occasional visit to check on his beloved plant babies.

The doors opened with a squeak and Sunshine tumbled in. The smell of flowers reached her nose instantly. She muttered something under her breath before wandering off. y/n shook their head and ran after her. She came to a stop in front of a row of earth ghouls standing in front of planters. They all had new seeds in hand.

"Now where is that damn beanpole?" she mumbled. While she was distracted, y/n saw the perfect opportunity to one up her pick up line earlier. They grabbed a pair of nearby scissors and cut a rose from a vine. Quietly, they snuck up behind Sunshine, who was scanning the row of ghouls to find Mountain.

y/n tapped her shoulder. "A beautiful rose for a beautiful ghoul." Sunshine turned around and smiled. She hoped the earth ghoul didn't have x-ray vision and was able to see the blush behind her mask. She grabbed the rose and jumped. y/n laughed and to the rose and tucked it in her hair. She smiled again.

"Sunshine!" Her head perked up. Mountain was waving at her from the end of the row.

"Thank you." she patted y/n's shoulder before running down the row. As she ran, the rose fell from her hair.

"Oopsies!"