Hypnotized

She had finished packing some of her things ending up with only three bags. She believed she had done well, until she saw the others with one small bag. "Oh, Groot, it'll be okay me and Gamora will be back as soon as you know it." She tried comforting him lifting his small chin up. She gave a quick kiss on the forehead and promised him ice cream with extra cherries when they got back.

She then walked up to Rocket, knowing he didn't like affection, simply giving a pat on the shoulder. "Make sure everyone's alright?" She asked him.

"Yeah, sure, sure. Stay save, Nova." He whispered slightly.

She let the chain play in the Walkman she had stolen, again, from Peter and looked over at Drax. Maybe she didn't overpack.

They walked into the weird egg ship and it closed up behind them. They were told where to put their bags and quickly they settled on one of the seats. Walking behind Drax she noticed Quill watching Mantis with his dad. Moments later Theo came back from carrying their bags.

Drax, Mantis, Theo, Peter and Pandora had found the seating with a table. Quill broke the awkward silence. "Hey, can I ask you a personal question?"

"Oh.." mantis seemed hesitant at first unsure of what to say. "No one has ever asked me a persona question." Pandora felt sorry for the girl.

"Your antennae, what are they for?" Quill asked her. Dora had to admit even she was curious as to what they did.

"Their purpose?" She lifted them up as she questioned what Quill meant. Theo looked at her worriedly wondering how much she would spill thinking she had new friends.

"Yes. Quill and I have a bet." Drax said openly.

"Wow, you jackasses." Dora said rolling her eyes. Of course they would only care when money was involved. Even though she made bets with Rocket, currently, having one about Nebula.

"Drax your not supposed to say that!" Quills head hanging low in shame.

"I say that if you are about to go through a doorway that is too low your antennae will feel this and keep you from being decapitated." Drax said his idea. Gamora, who had just walked in, and Dora started to laugh quietly to themselves about Draxs idea.

"Right. And if it's anything other than you specifically not being decapitated by a doorway, I win." Quill said obviously winning.

"They are not for feeling doorways." Mantis said almost offended at Draxs idea.
"I think they have something to do with my empathise abilities."

"What are those?" Gamora asked softly.

"If I touch someone I can feel their feelings." Theo immediately glanced over at Pandora.

"You can read minds?" Pandora questioned feeling stupid for not understanding Mantis.

"No, Telepaths know thoughts." Mantis said.

"That's me... I take Egos thoughts, well, his stressful bad thoughts away. And also produce light." Theo explained. Though he could only read thoughts when he had his hands on Ego it's not like he could read everyone's in the room. Though, everyone did still feel a little on edge.

"Empaths feel feelings. Emotions." Mantis' voice had gone so soft everyone couldn't help but listen to her and Theo speak about their powers. If only Pandora understood herself more, so one day she could explain as easily. "May I?" She slowly reached out to Peter.

Her antennas slowly lit up sensing Peters emotions. "You feel love."

Peter quickly tried to cover it up. "Yeah. I guess I feel a general, unselfish love for just about everybody."

"No! Romantic, sexual love" Mantis further said making Doras eyes widen in horror.

"No, I don't." He started to worry.

"For her!" Pointing straight to Gamora.
"And just a sexual feeling for her." Pointing to Pandora who just sat in amusement.

"No! That is not-" Quill said embarrassed by Mantis. A loud laugh erupted from Drax.

"She just told everyone your deepest, darkest secrets!" He said continuing to laugh and poke fun at Quill.

"Let me show you mine." Theo said trying to stop the embarrassment embodying Quill, Dora and Gamora. He put his hand on Doras head and before she could fight he was in her mind.

Every dark thought. Every horrific memory. He had seen. He hadn't, he let go as soon as he saw her destroying a planet. He knew this is what Ego wanted and she was dangerous. It was like she was an infinity stone in person.

She came back to reality breathing heavily. She stood up and walked off with Gamora following. He felt bad, he truly did, but he had to serve Ego and see how powerful she could be.

A/N
Anyways... go follow me on TikTok I'm sad otherwise