saki. (oneshot)

istg if this shit mysteriously gets posted again.

i started trying to draw bride an but it actually looks like shit 😢 (i didn't understand how to do the tiara so its rly low quality)

i don't have any ideas for like the actual story 😭
but uh, yeah, another (kind of) angst oneshot. heavily inspired by reboot by jimmythumb-p. i recently rewatched it, and i cried a little bit, not as much as when i first watched it. but you should go watch it for yourself! it'll probably make you cry a lot more than what you're about to read 🥰

context:
• toya likes sweet things in this universe bc how else was i gonna make two little kids fight

• saki's born with a not fragile body which means she was never in the hospital, she was always able to hang out with leo/need, and tsukasa never felt the need to become a star

• this is before they saw that one musical so that's also part of why the thought of becoming a star never crossed his mind

• leo/need doesn't make a band but shiho does keep practicing bass guitar and saki practices piano occasionally (this probably won't be relevant to the story but wtv)

☆☆☆•••☆☆☆•••☆☆☆•••☆☆☆•••☆☆☆•••

"Toya, hi!"

"Toya, you made it!
*both of the Tenmas wave*

"Hello. Why did we meet on such a steep hill?"

"Because this is the best place to see the stars! Speaking of which..."
*takes out 3 star charms*
"I got us matching charms to show our friendship!"

"Woah! When did you have time to get these? And especially without me noticing!"

"They look really good. Thank you, Tsukasa."

"Hehe, I knew you guys would like them!"

3 months later. Rainy day turned clear blue skies.

Saki's pov:

We had gotten off of school a few minutes earlier and decided to get ice cream! Who doesn't love a good ice cream cone? Anyways, it stopped raining and we were so happy! We put the umbrella away. While we were walking, though...

"Haha. Oh, Saki-"

A playful shove from Toya made me drop my ice cream.

"Oh... Sa- Wha?!"

I don't know what came over me, but I pushed Toya and made him drop his ice cream, too.

"Hey!"

We started fighting. We were pushing and shoving each other.

"Guys, calm down. Don't- huh?"

I pushed Toya hard enough for his star keychain to break off and fall into the road. Tsukasa went to go and pick it up, but as soon as he did...

"BIG BROTHER!"

"?!"

...My eyes widened as I watched the star charm fly out of his hands as he got hit by a truck. I had to watch as my own older brother died.
Because of us.

.
.
.

At his funeral, me and Toya were the last to pay our respects, as we were too hurt to go first. When we finished, I started crying. I could just barely see Toya reaching out his hand in an attempt to comfort me, but I smacked it away.

"This is your fault! If you hadn't... *hic!* *sniff* ...just leave me alone!"

Upon wiping away my tears, I saw Toya's shocked but hurt expression for a few seconds before more tears came flowing from my eyes.

"..."

Many years later. Saki and Toya are adults.

...I can hear someone's heels tapping...

*fwoosh*

Saki's hair...

☆☆☆○●●☆☆☆○●●☆☆☆☆☆☆○●●☆☆☆

Saki's pov:

I decided to land a career in astrology. Tsukasa always loved the stars, and Honami is very well-versed in astrology as well, so it wasn't hard with her help.
...Why does it feel like someone is following me?

"..."

...Anyways. I was visiting an event. I opened the door to the astrology room, and someone was already there. When they turned around-

*audible gasp*

-I was hit with a bunch of different emotions at the same time. Fear was struck into my heart. Tears were threatening to pour from my eyes.

I tried to run away, but they grabbed my hand and called my name.

"Saki! Saki..."

Toya... was standing right in front of me. After all these years, all this time and all this pain. He was right there.

"Toya...!"

We hugged each other as we fell to the floor, crying uncontrollable tears in the warmth of each other's embrace.

"..."

The feeling of being followed is still there, but now it feels familiar... like whatever is following me was supposed to be a part of this reunion.

When we were able to stop crying, we started to walk around the rest of the event while catching up. It felt like old times.
...Tsukasa... he would be so happy to know we could have a normal conversation again.
We clicked again right away and talked so fast that we might've made up for all the lost time.

After the event, we still wanted to hang out. We went to the nearest area that we knew was best to see the stars.

"I see you've made your charm into an earring? It doesn't look bad on you."

"Thanks. Your star necklace doesn't look too bad itself."

We talked until we both heard something.

"...Bye-bye. I love you."

And then the wind blew straight in our direction.

"Didn't that sound like Tsukasa...?"

"Maybe... maybe he was waiting. Waiting for us to find each other again. And now that he knows that we're okay, and that we can be there for each other again, he can rest peacefully."

"That's beautiful, Saki."

Tsukasa, if you're here,
We love you too.

okay so i wanted it to be longer... but here's hoping it was good! 923 words.