The best day of my life :chapter 1

I don't know exactly what came
over me that Wednesday night,
but I knew it was about time I put my life into Gods hand and Him into my heart. After going to church a lot and having a great youth group to talk with and look up to, I finally knew why everyone was gushing over this exciting God. I finally started to understand who Jesus was and what he did for me, for us.

I started reading a bible I found at my nana's house, it was the KJV version and so it was hard to grasp. I asked questions and looked things up when I wanted to know more. I wanted to know God more. So back to that Wednesday night I felt a warm fuzzy, exciting ready to burst feeling in my heart, and that's when I pulled my youth pastor Debo aside and told him I was ready. He says " ready for what ?" And the words come out of my mouth like no tomorrow, I say " to give my life to God." So I'm pulled into a quiet room along with two of the older youth girls Amanda and Sabrina .
As I'm saying the prayer, you know the one that gives you a eternal life with God. Yeah that prayer, and I'm just overwhelmed because it finally happened. And I got so much encouragement from  the youth and my family. I've been through so much before this and I thank God for letting me become His child.

Verse- Romans 12
Song- to know you ~ by Zachary kale

AUTHORS NOTE ~ so my name is jerkiya with the long I sound, lol. And I'm currently going to be a sophomore this coming school year. Just thought id start where it all began in 8th grade going into high school! My life in a book yay! Comment what you think! Gods doing great things for and He's not done with us yet. -June- 1-2015