Chapter 40: Ready To Face Past

"How are you feeling Sasori?" Pein asked as he entered the clinic. "Just a little pain in the chest, leader-sama." Sasori answered. "Can you still run towards Konoha?" Sakura asked, checking her clipboard.

"I have brat with me if I can't, blossom." Sasori said smiling. Deidara barged in, hearing his name. "Finally, danna, un. You appreciate my art, un!" Deidara said grinning. "Like hell I do, brat." Sasori said smirking.

"Hmph!" Deidara said, crossing his arms over his chest. "Very well then. We leave in another hour for you to rest. Come with me Deidara. Leave him to rest." Pein said walking out. Deidara nodded and followed him out.

"You hungry puppet boy? Want something to eat?" Sakura asked, smiling sweetly at Sasori. Sasori shook his head no and smiled. Sakura nodded and packed medical things that she'll need. She sealed her things in a scroll and put her scroll in her kunai holster.

Konan knocked three time and heard a come in. She entered with a bright smile on her face. "Are you ready? We're going to leave soon." Konan said. Both Sakura and Sasori nodded. Sasori turned to Sakura with soft eyes. "Blossom, are you really ok with going back there? I know going here is a mission. But a part of you told you to leave Konoha and be happy here."

Sakura gave him a soft smile and said "I'm ready to face my past, puppet boy. Don't worry." "That's my Sakura-chan!" Konan said, wrapping an arm around Sakura's neck and rubbing the top of her head fiercely.

"Ittai! Ittai! Konan-chan!" Sakura shouted, wailing and pouting as she tried to escape Konan's grasp. Sasori chuckled at the sight of them.

To Be Continued...