Chapter 36: Mission With The Artists

Sakura, Deidara, and Sasori ran towards a small village where their client is. "What was the mission again?" Sakura asked. "It's to help out our client with her art museum." Sasori said.

"Oh. And why am I here again?" Sakura asked, raising an eyebrow at them. "Maybe leader wants to know what kind of artist you are, un?" Deidara said, clearly unsure of his answer.

They reached their destination a few hours of continuous running. "Ahh, the infamous artists of the Akatsuki, come on in." The lady said with a smile. The trio entered, only to be met by a rather empty museum. "The problem is that I can't seem to think of what I should do about this art museum." The lady said, giving them an apologetic look.

"I'll show you what true art means." Sasori said, taking out his puppets. "Not until I show her first, un!" Deidara said, molding his explosive clay into different creatures. They got engaged into a battle unknowingly to them.

"Please stop fighting! You'll ruin my museum!" The lady said. Sakura was busy painting in a corner until she glanced at the duo. She returned to her painting and her eyes suddenly widened as the realisation hit her.

"Deidara don't use bombs in here! No poisons either Sasori!" Sakura shouted. They turned to stop but it was too late, their attacks collided, causing a huge explosion. "Now that's an art, un!" Deidara said grinning.

Everyone is glaring at Deidara, covered by ashes. "My museum!" The lady shouted, kneeling beside her destroyed museum. The trio took a step back, sweat dropping. They turned and sprinted off without the lady knowing.

"This is all your fault danna, un! You don't have a sense of art, un!" Deidara said, glaring at Sasori. Sasori gave him back a glare and said "My fault? It's you who doesn't have a sense of art, brat."

"Oh yeah, un?!" "Yeah!" "Let's ask blossom then, un!" Deidara said, glaring at Sasori. "Ask me what?" Sakura said with an eyebrow raised. "What does true art mean to you?" Sasori asked, staring at Sakura.

"I haven't really thought of that before." Sakura said, in a thoughtful tone. Both Deidara and Sasori stared at her, waiting for her answer. She sweat dropped at them. "I guess true art is memories. It lasts for a moment and stays for eternity. Specially if those memories are with those who you treasures and vice versa." Sakura said smiling at them. Both of them smiled. "I guess we agree on what art means for the first time, brat." Sasori said. "I guess so too, danna, un." Deidara said, smiling.

The trip back to the base was silent until a kunai almost hit Deidara. The trio took out their kunais and put there guards up.

"Sakura-chan, dattebayo!" A voice shouted. Sakura's eyes widened at this. Sasori and Deidara turned to Sakura, worry present in their eyes.

To Be Continued...