Chapter 22: Why?

(In Konoha.)

"Tsunade-sama." Kakashi said as he entered Tsunade's office through the window. "What is it, Kakashi?" Tsunade said drinking another bottle of sake.

"Sasuke has spotted Sakura Haruno together with an Akatsuki member in Oto during his infiltration mission." Kakashi said. Tsunade stopped drinking. 'Shie's been found. Then that must mean I have to send anbu after her.' Tsunade thought, regretting making Sakura do the mission.

"Alright! I have no choice but to send anbu after Haruno!" Tsunade said standing up from her sit. Kakashi can not see her expression for the shadows are covering her eyes. "Tsunade-sama! Atleast let us convince her to come back with us! Give us a week!"Kakashi said, trying to convince her into sending the Konoha 12.

Tsunade looked at him. "A week is all that I can give you. Don't fail me now, Kakashi. Bring me back my apprentice alive." Tsunade said, sitting back down.

"Hai, Tsunade-sama!" Kakashi said, jumping back out the window. 'Sakura, how can you let someone see you? Now I'll have to send anbu after you.' Tsunade thought, grieving for having to announce to capture Sakura, dead or alive.

(Back to Sakura)

Sakura walked in the village, stalls after stalls, looking for something Obito would like. She held a take out of a curry and now she's looking for his favorite food. An inarizushi.

Finally, after a series of stalls, she finally found what she was looking for. She bought four pieces and immediately walked back the inn, hoping for Obito to still be asleep. She unlocked the room and found Obito sleeping peacefully on the bed.

Sakura put the the food in a bowl and a plate. She made orange juice and put everything on a tray. "Obito. Obito, wake up. You have to eat." Sakura said gently, trying to wake him up.

Sakura sighed when Obito didn't even move an inch. "You won't wake up. Too bad I bought you your favorite. Maybe I'll eat it instead." Sakura said, smirking as Obito suddenly sat up.

"Here, eat up." Sakura said handing him the tray of food. "There's too much." Obito whined, pouting at Sakura. "No you need to eat everything. It's below your ussual serving, how can it be too much?" Sakura said as she took out a bottle of potion from her kunai pouch.

She handed it to him. "Here, drink this after you've finished eating." Sakura said, standing up from her sit and took out a pair of clean clothing from her bag and entered the bathroom. A few minutes later, Sakura walked out the door and saw Obito take his last bite.

"Why aren't you scared when you saw me? Why are you ready to sacrifice your life for the Akatsuki?" Obito asked, eyeing Sakura. Sakura only gave him a smile and said "I'll tell you went the time is right." He nodded in understandment.

"Now drink the potion I gave you so we can go back." Sakura said. He grasped the potion and started chugging it down. "It tasted sweet." Obito said, wide eyes. Sakura grinned. "I wouldn't be the best medic if I make bad tasting medicines right? Now sleep, it's bound to make you sleepy, later when you wake up you'll be healed." Sakura said, sitting on a chair beside the bed.

Obito's eyes fluttered close, and soon he was consumed by the deep slumber. 'I can't sleep with him asleep. We're still near the borders of Otogakure. I can feel Orochimaru's chakra lingering nearby.' Sakura thought, falling asleep. Her head snapped up, she took a kunai and cut her palm, she took a lemon from the nightstand and squeezed it over her wound, effectively waking herself up.

'Cha!! That hurts!! Shanaro!!' Inner shouted in Sakura's head. 'Sorry inner, but I need to stay awake.' Sakura thought. 'Cha! Why do you care so much for the Akatsuki to the point where you'll sacrifice your life for them?' 'Inner, that's a smart question coming from you.' Sakura thought with a smirk plastered on her face. 'Cha! It's not! Now answer!' Inner said, clearly annoyed.

'I've found what I've been looking for in the Akatsuki. A family that accepts me for who I am.' Sakura thought, looking at Obito with a smile on her face.

To Be Continued...

____________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I just want to say that I have made me some Ko-Fi page where you can tip me a "coffee" for my works! ☕️💖

It's just a small nook you can visit and support me on if you want to! I'm hoping to fill it with more stuff that's exclusively for the page so I can continue doing what I love doing (♡˙︶˙♡) Please stop by and leave a "coffee" for your sleep-deprived writer!💖

https://ko-fi.com/kaceabella

♡ ♡