4. Shruti

Dear Diary
People change with time and he changed too . He became an arrogant asshole and I don't know if he still considers himself my friend or not? Should I try to save friendship ? I can't loose him like this . He really hurt me but
I
Want
Him to come back .

Shruti.

I shut my journal and look outside the glass doors to my balcony. It's raining outside and the weather is already so gloomy plus cherry on the cake is the song playing on my tablet.

Could you find a way to let me down slowly?
A little sympathy, I hope you can show me
If you wanna go then I'll be so lonely..
If you're leavin', baby, let me down slowly.

They say if you loose someone you've shared every small secret with is the biggest weapon againt you . He can hurt you like hell without even doing anything and it's so true . Did he just throw me out of his room? Does he have an insecure girlfriend now ?
Does he hate me now?

Urghh!!! I get up and slide the balcony door shut but my hand stops at the lock.

"Should I leave it open for him ?"
I squeeze my eyes shut and all I can remember is what abhi always told me at high school.

He will never come back the same shru, I swear when I went to see him , he has changed completely. He's a different person now . Are you sure he will remember you? He doesn't ever ask about you from us .

Still my fingers shiver at the lock .

"Just leave it open okay ! What difference does it make ?" I mumble and turn off the lights when someone knocks at my door.

"Miss , you haven't eaten anything. May I bring the dinner in your room ? Sir and Madam are not home "

I get up and open the door " no thank you mishi aunty , I'm fine. You can go home if everything is done and don't forget the umbrella okay " I smile and she places a hand on my head before walking down the stairs . She's a middle aged lady and is really close to mom and me . I lock the front door and lay on my bed . My room is completely dark but the only lights coming in are from the balcony.

Zara and Inayat plus now kainaat too have been asking me about him but I haven't replied to a single text . They'll be at the party tommorow . I don't know what excuse to make or maybe they'll see for themselves. What a stone hearted jerk has returned from the U.S.

I hear some sounds and I instantly get up and turn on the lights . The balcony door slides open and he steps in drenched in water .

"Rain irritates the fuck out of me " he growls and removes his wet t-shirt while I hardly get time to blink . He removes his shoes and walks to my bathroom barefoot and half naked . I hurriedly get up and draw the curtains to my balcony.

I stand there in my pajama shorts and shirt paired with flip-flops. My hair are tied in a messy bun and legs are shivering now because of a certain someone .

Wait, didn't he just throw me out of his room ? How dare he step into mine ?

He comes out rubbing his hair with my towel and then like an ill mannered, unhygienic brat , he throws it on my bed .