Chapter 1 Gu Yan, you have the right to keep your secret love,but...

The sun was scorching hot in June, and there was a loud cicada singing from the tree outside the gymnasium window. Qi Xi sat in the backstage of the podium, feeling a mixture nervous, dazed, and a little melancholy.

  The graduation ceremony is about to begin, and soon, she will also speak as the only outstanding graduate representative of the Rongda Law School. From then on, her four-year law school career will come to an end.

 To be frank, due to her beauty and being a high-achieving student in the Law School, Qi Xi's university life could be described as smooth sailing. The only thing that bothered her was the various unpleasant encounters orchestrated by her rival, Gu Yan. Throughout their four years as classmates, Gu Yan snatched countless opportunities and awards from Qi Xi.

For four whole years, Qi Xi devoted herself to studying like an ascetic, but she never managed to surpass Gu Yan, not even once.

He was always the first, while Qi Xi was forever in second place.

Sometimes, the difference was only a few points, but who remembers the second place?

What Qi Xi couldn't accept the most was that Gu Yan effortlessly and easily won everything. Unlike Qi Xi, who gave up all entertainment and social activities to focus on studying, this guy participated in almost every activity organized by the Law School, be it debates, basketball games, mock trials, or legal aid initiatives.

He shone brightly on almost every stage, earning the attention and admiration of girls with his flawless face and physique. He constantly made his presence felt in front of Qi Xi, almost like a spiritual pollution.

Like a master of time management, he effortlessly excelled in almost every field and easily defeated Qi Xi, who put all her effort into it.

The feeling of giving it her all and still being defeated filled Qi Xi with frustration, which eventually led to some resentment towards Gu Yan.

Rationally, Qi Xi also understood that Gu Yan hadn't done anything wrong, and they didn't even have much interaction. But she couldn't help but dislike him.

However, this time, she was chosen as the representative to deliver a speech for the outstanding graduates, not Gu Yan.

Mixed with a secret sense of satisfaction from turning the tables, Qi Xi silently recited her speech.

She thought for a moment and called her father, Qi Ruiming: "Dad, where are you? The graduation ceremony is about to start..."

However, before she could finish her sentence, Qi Ruiming interrupted her: "What 'where are you'? I have a court hearing at the Intermediate People's Court, and I need to go there immediately..."

Dad really forgot!

Qi Xi felt a sense of collapse. "Dad, today is my graduation ceremony. You said you would come! As a student representative, I have to..."

However, Qi Ruiming on the other end of the phone clearly didn't take it seriously. He interrupted Qi Xi and casually appeased her, "Xixi, Dad is too busy. I can't postpone the court hearing with the client. Besides, do all your out-of-town classmates have their parents coming? There aren't many parents who can attend the graduation ceremony. Find someone to record it or take some photos. Show them to Dad later. I have to go now, let's hang up."

Qi Ruiming didn't even give Qi Xi a chance to finish her sentence, leaving her with the usual sound of the phone being hung up.

Indeed, there weren't many parents who could attend the graduation ceremony, but being chosen as the student representative to deliver a speech at the graduation ceremony was a once-in-a-lifetime honor.