Chapter 39

"Stars, hide your fires;

Let not light see my black and dark desires."

~ William Shakespeare

Isabella's POV

"Do you want to stay with him?"

"He doesn't love you..." A voice whispered in my ear. Dark shadows with no faces wore smiles surrounding me.

A boney hand circled around my neck, sending chills down my spine, whispered dark thoughts. "He will leave you..." They laughed in mockery.

"None of that is true." I responded agitated by the intrusive thoughts. A part of me, though, agreed with them. He may leave me after he gets bored. I maybe tossed aside after...

I shook my head, trying to get rid of that train of thoughts. However, they paid no heed to my pleas or callings.

"Then you will finally succumb to us."

I opened my eyes to see the sunlight peeking through the curtains, showing me a very naked chest glittering with sweat.

Xavier...

My head throbbed in pain for a few seconds as I recalled the shadows' whisperings. Was I having a nightmare?

Shaking my thoughts away, I gulped heavily, looking up to see Xavier. I reached out to move a few strands of hair away from Xavier's face. A small scar which looked like a diamond adorned his beautiful cheek, making him look even more beautiful.

I smiled, realizing how lucky I was to be here with him.

"Done admiring me amoré?"

I gasped in surprise, playfully hitting his chest. "You were awake the entire time?"

He finally graced me with a smug look. I turned around to get out of bed, a little embarrassed and annoyed. His huge arm wrapped around my waist, easily pulling me back into his embrace.

"Xavi..." I gasped again, surprised by his sudden action.

He took a deep whiff of the skin next to my neck. "Where is my morning kiss?"

"Oh, I believe it ran away to have breakfast." I joked. Just in time, my stomach growled. "See..." I pointed at my tummy, pouting.

He turned me onto my back as he hovered above me. His intimidating eyes looked hungrily into mine. "I was talking about the little angel down here." His hand found its way between my legs touching my weak spot over my shorts, making me arch my back and whimper.