Chapter 15

"Karma has no menu 

You get served 

What you deserve” 

Xavier's POV  

We arrived near the docks at 12 am near Lake Atlantic. It was deadly silent. My guards were nowhere in sight. The black tinted windows made it harder to see what was going outside. It was even more dangerous to roll down the window as it would enable them to have a clear target on me.  

“Boss, we are here.” Adrian said while handing me over the bullet proof vest. I was currently wearing a suit. You might ask why I wear suits; it makes me look professional. The bulletproof vest fit my body perfectly. It also had a small backpack on the back side for storage of a gun. I took out my most priced possession, the Beretta 92 and placed in the back pocket of the bullet proof vest. It is a semi-automatic gun passed on to me by my ancestors. It is kind of a hereditary heir loom. Just in case, I would need it. I doubt tonight’s going to pass by without a fight.  

I visibly relaxed into the custom-built Italian leather seats. The black SUV we were currently sitting in has about 10 different layers of protection, made from the most bulletproof metals, making it impossible for any gun shots to penetrate through. 

The lake was silent. The moon’s reflection glistened on top of the lake beautifully. The docks were covered in a blanket of pitch darkness, except for the lights on a large ship called Delilah, which had about a 100 rooms fully equipped with private washrooms, a reception hall, a parking garage on board in the basement and below that had a secret cabin which could be accessed only by me, Adrian, Jake or Paul. The secret cabin held our stash of drugs including marijuana, opium, and morphine. It was well guarded by 10 secret guards and had about a 5-ton door which could be opened by a combination of different passwords. 

You might ask if the mafias are always dealing with illegal things. Humph. Since, the countries secretly have the illegal stuff done by using us the mafias, they allow us to whatever we want in exchange for killing people they want dead. But, there’s a condition to that, “kill only evil”. I was sent here as my father and his ancestors were. It’s a long story, but my mother is no more and my dad… he spends his days in peace somewhere in this world. He left when I was 14 years old. The day my mother died our family broke apart. I will forever remember that day.  

“Boss, let’s go.” I was pulled out of my thoughts.  

“Let’s go! Ljubov is probably here for the stash.”  

The car stopped near the edge of the wooden deck. As we got down, the strong cold breeze on the deck hit us. You could smell the sweet lake all the way from where we stood.  

“Xavier, it’s been a long time! Don’t you think?”. A voice made me snap my head towards the familiar voice.  

“Ljubov, what a surprise. I didn’t expect you to be here.” I grinned while looking up at him. 

“Come on up with your little buddy there, Arianna, Adron… I forgot that shit’s name. But who cares? It’s been a long time, come join the party.” Adrian gritted out his teeth and his fists tightened into a ball.  

I lightly tapped Adrian’s hand to urge him to move forward. He let out a breath and moved forward. I joined him fastening my steps. I enjoyed the wind blowing on my face, while listening to the water sounds and out shoes tapping the wooden deck. Little did I know, it was going to all end.