Chapter 34

"Try running away from me love.

Even if you do, I'll hunt you down

Because in this life, you were made to be mine."

Adrian's POV

I entered our bedroom to see Gabriel asleep. Sliding into bed next to him, I hugged him from behind. He leaned into my hug, spreading warmth all over my body. It was so comfortable, just the two of us.

"What's up, babe?" He asked.

Sighing, I told him everything that I encountered. "Bella doesn't seem to want to be with us." Gabriel sighed, knowing full too well how she felt. After all, he, too, was forced to do something he didn't want to. I wonder how we would have been if I had forced him to go that day with her as well? Could he really have left this life behind forever and lived peacefully? Maybe not. This kind of life always comes to bite you back in the butt. He turned around and hugged me tightly.

"He is too hot tempered. He needs to calm down and think from her perspective as well." He paused, frustrated knowing how Xavier acted.

"In the end, she was actually brought into this kind of lifestyle by him. So, I can kind of relate to what he must be going through. Just like I brought you into this." I told him sadly. I was also guilty minded sometimes. If something happened to Gabriel, I could never forgive myself.

Without any hesitation, he kissed me deeply. "Never. I came into this lifestyle with my own choice." He held my hand, placing a wet kiss on it. "It was my choice to hold this hand forever." Hovering over me, he looked longingly at my lips. "It was also my choice to do this." His lips hit mine with full swing. I kissed him back in a battle for dominance.

We kissed passionately, forgetting about everything around us. He tried his best to win against me. "You think you can actually defeat me?" I asked, tantalizing him as he breathed heavily, obviously flustered.

He flipped his head away from me. I smirked, I had already won the battle as usual. I brought both my hands and placed them on his cheeks, which had a slight beard growing on them. I loved seeing his face when he was flustered. I brought them to my lips again as we kissed passionately again.

He disconnected from my lips, making me pout. "I hate you!" He spoke, getting off of me and putting on his underwear.

I rolled on the bed to look at his cute butt, which I wanted to spank so badly. "I know you don't!" I spoke winking at him as he blushed walking into the washroom and slammed the door, making me laugh.

I sighed, staring at the ceiling, wondering what Xavier had in mind. I do not want to imagine those things. Come on! She's my sister, after all. I messed up my hair in frustration and decided to get ready for the flight, too.

Xavier's POV

We had boarded the flight to Italy. I watched as Lila was seated next to me, still sleeping. Her head leaned against my shoulder. When the flight took off, I held onto her head for fear of her getting hurt. I had already changed her clothes. She was wearing a hoodie and some shorts.

Adrian and Gabriel were seated behind us, already dozing off. It had been a rough week for them. I didn't want to throw any more work at them, so I them them rest.

As soon as the flight stabilized, I unbuckled her seat and mine. Carrying her to one of the bedrooms at the back, I placed her gently on the bed. I glanced outside as Adrian and Gabriel took the other one. I closed and locked our door. Loosening my tie, I laid down next to her, holding her tight against my body, fearing that she may run away. Closing my eyes, I fell asleep into a beautiful dream for the first time in ages. It was warm and comfortable.