Chapter 18

"The reason people
find it so hard to be happy
Is that they always see
The past better than it was
The present worse than it is
And the future as the worst is to come forth"

**Warning - Sexual content Ahead (18+)**

Xavier’s POV 

We arrived at the hospital around 4 am. 

“Get the doctor!”, I yelled on top of my voice running towards the medical staff who were on standby with a bed. 

I quickly laid my angel on the bed and the medical staff ran to do their work. 

The doctor rushed over and asked us to stay in the waiting area.  

“Fuck!” 

A middle-aged man in his 40s approached me wearing a brown suit.  

“We need to talk Xavier!”, said Adrian’s father. And Bella’s. 

This hospital was not like the other ones. It only provided care for powerful families like the mafias. As long as one has money, they can get treated here. Patient confidentiality is their topmost priority, and all supporting evidence of treatment is burned after their treatment. By far, this was the best hospital amongst all for the mafias. So, Bella will be left in good hands, although I don't trust anyone.

The room we were currently in had black and brown leather couches. It was a fairly big room furnished with a white rug at the bottom, a coffee table in the middle of the room.

We sat down on the couches of the private room.

“It’s been a long time, Xavier.”, he stated while sipping his coffee. 

“Yes, Andrew. How are you doing?”. I asked genuinely concerned as well as a formality. 

“Good. I heard about you and my daughter. What is going on?”, he asked. You could see the change in his tone. He talked like any protective father would. 

“With all due respect Sir. My father and you are best friends. I have fallen for your daughter.” I said looking straight in his eyes. 

His brows fused together as he put his cup of coffee on the table. More like banged it. 

“Watch your words. I would have killed you if it weren’t for the fact that you’re my best friend’s son.” He said angrily. His jaw tightened. Angry might be an understatement. But, I saw this coming.

“Sir, I love Isabella. I will do anything for her!” I said without any hesitation. And yes, I will do anything for her.  

“Will you die for her?”, he asked seriously. 

“No.” 

“Humph. Then your useless…”, he said angrily. 

Before he could finish, I said it out loudly, “I would live for her. Dying is the easy way out. I’m willing to live for her sir.” 

The whole air in the room changed.  
As quickly as the wind blew open the windows, his demeanor changed. He started laughing. 

“Haha! You lads are so hilarious. Haha… Your father and my sister were like that as well!”.   

"Your sister? I never heard of her." I said worried.

“Looking at your face, I can say that you had no idea. Your mother is my sister. Haha…”