Chapter 38

"I'm not the jealous or possessive kind

However she is an exception

She belongs to me

She's only MINE."

Xavier's POV

Bella fell asleep in my arms as I walked us back to my room.

Upon reaching our room, I tried to wake her up, but she only whined, snuggling closer to me. I chuckled, taking her to the washroom. "Amore, you need to shower." I spoke gently as she opened an eye and nodded.

She was like a koala bear, just clinging on to me. She didn't want to let go of me even for a second. I didn't know she loved me so much. No complains, though.

I gently placed her on the bed after showering and drying her off. I went to go get a shirt of mine from the wardrobe and got dressed myself for bed.

"Hands up!"

She raised both her hands up sleepily with a cute pout. Her eyes remained closed. I placed a kiss on her nose as I helped her wear the shirt. I then placed us under the covers and snuggled her tiny body against mine.

Not even two hours after sleeping, I hear my phone ring on the table.

These idiots!

Groaning, I placed a pillow in place of mine as Bella hugged it, thinking it was me. I chuckled and went to the wardrobe. Closing the door behind me, I picked up the phone. "Si. What is it?". [Yes]

"Capó, Damien sent a letter asking to meet you alone."

I rubbed my temples in response. Sighing, I responded, "I'll be down in a few minutes. Do Adrian and Gabriel know?"

"No capó. Do you want me to tell them?" He asked.

"No." I hung up the call.

I decided to get dressed in a black suit with a black shirt and formal shoes. After all, that bastard's funeral was today. I wouldn't let him escape from me even if he wanted to meet me alone.

After getting dressed, I placed a chaste kiss on her forehead and whispered, "I'll be home soon, amore."

It wasn't like before where home felt cold and dark. Now, I had someone to come home to.

I then gently shut the door and proceeded to go downstairs. Adrian was waiting there, tapping his feet in annoyance. Upon seeing me, he rolled his eyes. I looked at him in a questioning gaze with a raised brow.

"Tch. Did you think I would let you go alone?" He asked.

I shook my head with a smug grin on my face. "Where's Gabriel?"

"Asleep. And Bella?"

"Asleep." I responded.

He nodded as we headed toward the car. I already told my men to be on stand-by at the location in case a war breaks out. I'm sure that Damien must have planted some of the people around the warehouse as well. But there is always a chance that he is alone. Damien sure had a lot of pride and arrogance. He will do anything he can to get what he wants.

As soon as we sat in the car, the driver drove off towards the place that Damien had mentioned in the letter.

"Why send a letter, though?" Adrian asked, gazing outside the window.

I didn't look at him as we stayed silent. My eyes shifted to see outside the window. The night sky was clear. The stars shone brightly, reminding me of peaceful times with my mother. We would often go stargazing on the rooftop of that place.