Chapter 37

"I belong to you.

I belong to you since the beginning,

Since before, I even knew

I did."

Isabella's POV

My eyes burned as I tried to pry them open. I finally got them to open up as I blinked a few times to see a white ceiling. I rubbed them with my hands. It took me a moment to realize what just happened as tears sprung out of my eyes again.

How could he do that to me? But for some reason, I didn't hate him. I know he didn't mean it. Maybe there was another explanation to it.

"Bella..." Adrian's voice rang in my ear as my gaze shifted towards him.

Within a fraction of a second, my hands extended towards him as he sat on my bed and engulfed me in a big hug. "It's alright, I'm here for you!" His comforting words and arms made me feel safe again. I wiped away the tears as I pushed him slightly to look up at him.

He looked older as a light stubble had grown on his chin. However, he was still handsome. The same as he was before. A few tiny lines adorned his beautiful yet tired looking face. His hair was roughly tousled as he gazed at me with so much worry and care.

I placed a hand on his cheek as he leaned into it, closing his eyes. "You have grown, older brother." I sighed, feeling his beard scratch my hand as he held me with my arms.

"It's been a long time, Bella!" He smiled, looking at me. His voice had grown rougher over the years. It wasn't the same old Adrian, I guess.

"You look older!" I replied, giggling at him.

He smiled a little, showing the fine lines surrounding his mouth. He sure had the same yet more prominent jaw-dropping smile. It seemed like growing older made his handsome features come out even more. "You have grown into a beautiful woman yourself, little sister."

"Thank you!" I smiled warmly at him. All these years, I wondered how he was doing. But someone else was missing from the picture.

"Ah, don't leave me out of it. Bella, Adrian is telling the truth. You have grown much older, and soon you will be a granny." His wide toothy grin had long disappeared, and a more tougher looking, strong man stood next to Adrian.

"Gaby!" I whispered, yelled his name.

He hugged me, sitting next to me. "I missed that name." I breathed out a puff of air.

"I missed you too, Gaby. If you think that, maybe I should call your name more often." I giggled into the hug.

Adrian smiled, looking at us.

"You guys are dating, aren't you?" I asked, breaking the silence.

They both looked away from me. "How did you know?" Gaby asked, glancing at me from the corner of his eye.

I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms in front of my chest. "It was so obvious. Everyone could see it. I thought you guys were the only blind ones."

Adrian cleared his throat nervously, looking at me again. "Was it that obvious?"

"Yes!" I giggled at him. It felt nice being able to talk to them so openly. Honestly, I deeply wished that they would end up together.

"But where is Xavier?" I asked, looking down at my hands. My hands still shivered, thinking back to what happened. I was psychologically traumatized by what had happened, but I didn't hate Xavier. I was just scared at the way he talked with me.