Chapter 24

"If you could read my mind,
you would be in tears."

Third Person's POV

Daniel was seated on the chair in his office. Papers were sprawled around the table. He had a palm holding his head up, while his other hand signed some papers vigorously yet swiftly. A knock echoed throughout his office.

"Come in."

A man roughly in his forties entered the room. "Capo, Xavier caught Florenzo!", said the panicking man.

Daniel paused his work. The hand holding the parker pen in his hand stopped midway. He got up from his chair tossing the pen aside. He then faced the window behind his chair with his hands behind his back. His chin upright but had a stubbornness to it. He then smiled, widely.

"Let's go pay a visit to a close friend, shall we?".

Isabella's POV

It felt warm everywhere. I didn't want to move an inch. It smelled like Xavier. I snuggled up closer into the warmth engulfing my body. I felt someone's lips touch my temple, making me sigh into the embrace.

I opened my eyes to see Xavier smiling right back at me. All my feelings came rushing back to my brain as I jumped on top of him and hugged him tightly, wrapping my arms around him, like I never wanted to let go of him. He too, hugged me back with the same passion.
"I'm so sorry I left you Xavier." I cried into the hug, to which he reacted by holding me tighter.

"Shush, none of that my angel. I'm so sorry, I couldn't find you earlier. I'm so sorry you had to go through all that." He smothered my face with kisses, kissing away all the pain, tears and anguish I felt all these months.

"I love you!", I said and without giving him a chance to say it back I kissed his lips. The kiss was passionate. We both were needy and wanted nothing more than to be in each other's embrace like this. It felt safe and warm. We both yearned for each other for so long but were apart and this is what we both needed all along. It felt like the missing puzzle piece in my life was complete with Xavier in it. Is this how love feels like? I wouldn't mind dying as of now.

I was having a bunch of naughty thoughts invading my mind, but I decided to keep them out and focus on the moment. Xavier flipped us so that he was top of me and began kissing passionately. That definitely did not help the naughty thoughts. We then stopped kissing, heavily panting. That was the best kiss I ever had so far.

He rested his forehead on mine as we fought to get our pounding heartbeats and heavy breathing under control.

He then kissed my forehead gently and gave me a wide toothy grin, like a child who got their most favorite toy. What a cutie! (UwU) I too smiled back at him. Peace and relief that nothing had changed in between us. I thought he would have hated me for leaving him to die. From now onwards, I'm taking an oath to never ever leave him alone like that, regardless of me being in danger or not. I'll stay beside him no matter what happens.

I felt something wet and mushy brush against my nose. I giggled getting out of my thoughts to see Xavier lick my nose.

"When did you become a puppy?", I blurted out without thinking.

"Ever since you became my girl!", he winked.

We both laughed at the punch line. At this exact moment, my stomach growled louder than the king of the forest as we both laughed even louder.

"Let's get some food in that belly", he said as he got out of bed. He then brought out his right hand for me, which I gladly placed my hand in and got up. We proceeded to the kitchen while entangling our fingers in each other's.