Chapter 14

"When life puts you in tough situations
Don't say 'WHY ME?'
Say 'TRY ME!' "

Isabella POV

After our little breakdown incident, Federico helped us settle in for a good and healthy dinner. We had lots of pasta types ranging from cheese to more cheese. We also had a large amount of cheesy bread sticks, cheesy fries, and cheesy chicken wings. Ha-ha, I love cheese, how did Xavi know that? Maybe he truly is a guardian angel. I inwardly giggled. Guys, food is the best. I know I might get fat, but food always comes first.

My thoughts pulled me back into the incident that happened earlier. Why was that handsome guy next to Xavier, I think Xavier called him Adrian, crying and kneeling in front of me? Why was Xavier crying? Do they know who I'm? Do they not want me to be here? My mind was brimming with questions, but I decided to stay quiet and observe for a while. I was pulled out of my thoughts by watching Gaby stuff his mouth with cheesy fries and Adrian scolding him for putting hot fries in his mouth and telling him how he deserves it.

We all laughed, except Xavier.
The table was fairly a decent sized one for seating 16 people. Adrian sat in front of me and Gaby to his right. On my right sat Xavier.

Xavier looked somewhat disturbed. His brows were up in confusion, anger, frustration or concerned. Who can read that guy? The childish Xavier I met earlier was gone, there was no sign of tear marks on him.

I touched my fingertip at his brow temples and watched as his brows subsided and went back to their calm and normal position. In a split second, my right hand was grabbed and pulled towards a hard chest and I was sitting on Xavier's lap. My tiny legs were dangling on his left side and my arms fit perfectly in his fist. His other arm caught my lower back in a swift movement. I could only watch but not move. I felt weak. My legs nor my arms wanted to move.

It burned everywhere he touched.
Xavier looked intensely in my eyes. His breath smelled like mint and was now fanning my face. 'Too close', my mind screamed. My heart started beating fast, it could have come out any second. I felt Xavier's heart beating fast too. Soon, it was beating in sync.

I couldn't help but give in to the warm welcoming arms. We just stayed in that position for what felt like ages but was only a few seconds.

"Ahem! Ahem!", someone cleared their throat.

"Can't you clear your damn throat in your mind", Xavier's chest vibrated with his growling voice.

I giggled because of the funny feeling it gave me.

"Leave the couple alone Adrian, you and I can have some alone time", yelled Gaby while stuffing his mouth with more fries and winking at him.

I quickly got up from the awkward position and sat down in my seat.
Adrian ran a fist down his face in frustration. But for what?

We continued eating silently, while Xavier stole glances at me. Every time, I looked at him, he looked away.

After a point I got frustrated and gave up on guessing what he was thinking about.

The rest of the dinner time went smoothly. Gaby cracked jokes and we all laughed, except Xavier who looked irritated, confused, or frustrated. Who can read that guy?

"Hey Adrian, here's one. Who was the DJ among vegetables while they were partying?" asked Gaby.

"Probably your arse!", replied a very grumpy Adrian.

Gaby acted like he was fake hurt and pretended to cry while leaning on to him. This ticked Adrian off as he pushed his face far away. To which Gaby licked his hand currently in front of his face. "Yummy, cheese".