Chapter 36

"I regret letting you go...

Maybe if I would have given you a choice at that time

Would you stay next to me?"

Gabriel's POV

We were just cuddling in bed after our quick session when a knock was heard at our door.

"Excuse me, Sir?" Asked a bodyguard.

"Did something happen?" I asked him.

"Umm... I'm not sure if I should tell you, but there seems to be a little bit of an issue." He spoke nervously.

Sighing, I put on some pants as Adrian did so too, and we opened the door. Why are there always issues in this house?

"What is it?" I asked, annoyed. Why are there so many problems, especially today? We had already removed bombs and explosives from the list today. Oh, drugs, too. Now, what could it be?

A loud scream echoed in the corridor. 

"Umm...!" The guard nervously looked at us, whether to tell us or not.

"Adrian, that's coming from Xavier's room." I informed him. 

"That's Bella's voice!" He yelled, running towards the door. I pushed the guard away and ran after him. 

Adrian banged on the door. "Xavier! Open the fûcking door now!" But the door wouldn't budge open. Did the fûcker really do something in there? Bella seemed to be crying badly.

"Xavier!" He yelled. I pushed him out of the way and asked the guard to push against the door. He did as asked, and the door came off its hinges. We rushed inside to see Bella crying terrified, trembling in Xavier's arms as he held her tightly.

I watched as Adrian approached her softly. "Bella!" She immediately pushed Xavier away and rushed towards his tumbling in the process, but Adrian was able to get to her in time. She tried conveying something through incoherent words while crying hysterically. But, all I could see was a terrified little girl trying to escape from Xavier. 

Adrian hugged her tightly, but she fainted in his arms.

"Bella!" I approached them. Adrian glared angrily at Xavier and picked her up bridal style. "Babe, I..."he started, but I interrupted him. "It's alright. Take her to our room!" He nodded, leaving the room.

Turning angrily towards Xavier, I was filled with rage. "Are you happy now?" 

His back was turned to me as he kneeled on the bed, looking down at his palms. 

I approached him near the bed as I saw silent tears fall from his eyes. I have never heard of a mafia boss crying. But, he was also my friend. A friend who hurt another friend of mine. "Is this what you wanted, Xavier?" However, at this point, I didn't care about anything.

I sat on the bed next to him as his shoulders shook slightly. I ordered the guard to not let anyone know what he saw and that no one is allowed to get out of their rooms or positions unless ordered. Luckily, no guards were stationed today on this floor. 

Turning towards him, I bit my inner tongue to stop myself from ranting out to him. "Xavier, you are my best friend. But this time, you have really done it!" I spoke softly yet with anger.

He smiled, broken hearted, looking at the ceiling. "I didn't mean to." He spoke softly. I have never really seen him cry. A capo had to be strong, so he was never allowed to show emotions. But when it comes to Bella, he can do it all.