Chapter Twenty-Three

Young

Demetria's POV

I stood behind the counter at Dirty Diana's, watching the time I spent doing nothing, pass me by. My mind was in a whirl, still thinking about my encounter with Emily.

There's too much I don't know about Justin and it's starting to worry me. For all I know, Emily could be just as insane as Grace and back for Justin to be hers. And I can't have that.

"Demi, for the last time, can you please get that table?"

I looked over at Leo who was impatiently waiting. "Yeah, sorry."

I grabbed my apron, wrapping it around my waist and headed over to the table. When I approached, my head stayed down and I got out my pad. "Welcome to Dirty Diana's, I'm Demetria. May I start you out with drinks?" My voice was monotone, and not as cheery as it should've been.

"You sound so happy to be here." I looked up, and smiled. I knew I this voice was somebody familiar.

"Well if it isn't Daniel, my oh so funny brother." I chuckled, sitting down across from him. "You know this isn't California, right?"

Daniel laughed, nodding. "I know it isn't, but I just had to see you."

My eyebrow raised, "Oh really? Why? Is business in California getting hard?" Daniel is the one that has my grandfather's business in California. Our family's business, that if he didn't take, it would have been under my control.

"Not exactly, but I talked to mom an dad about what I'm here to talk to you about and if you say yes, we'll be on our way."

I chuckled, "What do you have to offer, sweet brother?"

"Grandpa's sick, you know that. Mom and Dad aren't capable of doing what I do, so you're my only option. I know you know what to do because it's what we grew up around. I need someone to help me after Grandpa dies."

"What exactly are you asking me?"

"I'm asking for your help. I know you're in college, but there's so many better colleges in California that you could apply for and in the meantime, you can help me with Grandpa's business."

I scoffed, scooting to the end of the booth, "No way. I'm sorry Daniel, but I have a job- here. And I've met too many great people to throw that away just to go to California. You'll just have to find somebody else to help you because that person isn't me."

"Demi, don't even do this for me! Do it for Grandpa, mom, dad. Do it for them. They need your help just as much as I do. Without you, our family business will be completely nothing."

"Daniel, I-"

"Listen, don't even make up your mind now. But I need your decision in two days. Just please, make the right one." I sighed, watching Daniel get up. He walked to the door and looked at me one more time before leaving.

I slumped back into the booth, slowly getting my phone out from my back pocket.

Text to Justin:

I need to talk to you. Meet me back at your place, please.

Mr. Bieber's POV

I pulled away from her, "No, Emily stop." I turned my head, causing Emily's lips to touch my cheek. "You know, I can't do this."

"You already have." She reminded me.

"Well I can't do it again. Not ever." I told her, COMPLETELY regretting what I had just done with her.

Emily's eyes stayed on me as I felt ny phone buzz in my pocket. I pulled it out and read the text carefully.

Text from Demetria:

I need to talk to you. Meet me back at your place, please.

I got up from my desk, away from Emily. "I have to go, and you do too." I opened the door and waited for Emily to walk out. Once we were both out, I shut the door and turned to her. "Don't ever come back here again."

Thanks for reading. Much love, xx