Chapter Seven

Start Of Something

Morning came quick, but in most cases, work would come a lot quicker. When I woke, I was in the bed that I started in. Wasn't I with Mr. Bieber last night? Oh please don't tell me it was a dream. Because if so, it was the best fucking dream ever.

Did I just say fucking? I barely ever swear. I'm blaming Mr. Bieber.

A knock came at my door, I shot up when I saw Mr. Bieber standing in the doorway. "You're awake."

I cleared my throat, "Yeah. What time is it?" I asked, standing from the bed.

"Almost 10. You hungry?"

"Almost 10?! What are we doing here if it's almost 10?! I-I'm supposed to be at your Incorporation, shadowing you! Not here!"

He nodded, looking as if he enjoyed watching flip out. "Demetria, it's not the end of the world. Like you said, you are to be at my Incorporation. But you're simply at my house instead."

"No, no, it is a big deal, you see. I'll bet you a thousand bucks my Lifestyle Counselor is going to call me any minute, asking me where I am, if I'm at "Bieber Inc", and why I was not in my dorm last night."

Just as I finished the sentence, my phone started ringing. I picked it up, reading the caller ID.

Ms. White.

My Lifestyle Counselor.

"Told you." I answered the phone bringing it to my ear. "Hello?"

"Three questions, I want three answers." She said out flatly. I quickly put my phone on speaker.

"Where are you, are you at your job, and why were you not in your dorm last night?" She asked, I sent Mr. Bieber a smirk.

"I'm at my desk, obviously at Bieber Inc, and um, last night I stayed at a friends house. Her name's Destiny, she's the secretary. It was late when we both got done, so I accepted her offer when she asked me to her place."

"Mh, okay. And you're telling me the truth?"

"Yep!"

"Okay, that's all I wanted to know. Goodbye Demi."

"See ya later, Ms. White." I hung up the phone, looking at Mr. Bieber who was casually leaning against the door frame.

"Ha."

He chuckled, "So would you like the thousand dollars before or after breakfast?"

+

It was 11:30 when Justin and I arrived at Bieber Inc. I was more than nervous to go in there, because I knew that people would stare at us. Also, we were both late. At least 3 hours late.

When Paul pulled up to the building, I got out before Mr. Bieber. I wanted to walk in alone, but I knew that that was not going to happen. I got pulled back before I could move another muscle.

He was breathing on my neck, ever so lightly. "Don't be afraid to walk in with me, Demetria. It is my office." I nodded, walking in beside him.

As soon as we stepped in, everybody's attention was directed towards us. I kept my head down, following his shoes all the way to the elevator.

"You can breathe now."

I let out an exhausted breath. "Everyone was staring."

"Probably because I'm never really seen walking through the front entrance so late. I'm normally the first one here, before anybody else."