Chapter Twenty-Two

Crazy, Amazing.

Mr. Bieber's Point Of View

Emily's eyes scanned Demi cautiously, as she nodded slowly. "Girlfriend?" She asked me.

"Yes, my girlfriend," I answered.

Silence fell upon us all. Emily was looking down, while Demi and I were exchanging looks. Demi moved closer to the door, away from me, but I followed.

"I should go," She told me, glancing behind my shoulder at Emily who was still looking down. "I don't want to interfere." The words rolled off her tongue slowly.

"You really don't have to-"

"Yes I do. We both know that. I'll see you later, I hope."

I nodded, rubbing the back of my head. "Yeah, I-sure." Demi looked at Emily once more before turning away and out of my office. When I turned back to Emily, she was at my desk analyzing the photos close by.

"Gosh, Madison looks so grown up," she stated, taking the picture into her own hands. "How old is she now?"

I cleared my throat, walking closer to Emily, "Uh, Madison? Yeah, she's 16 now. Almost 17, actually." She nodded, placing the picture back where it was. "Emily, sit.".

Emily nodded slowly, setting down across from my desk where I sat. "Why are you really here?"

She shrugged, "What do you mean?"

"Are you here to make me feel guilty by not loving Grace or something? Cause if so, you're wasting your time."

"I'm not here for that, no Justin. I'm here for me, for closure."

"You seemed to find your closure when you left me the day of our wedding. It's a little too late for that, don't you think?"

"I'm sorry! At the time, I thought why I was doing was for the better. When I used to look at you, I couldn't help but think about Grace. I felt guilty. I felt guilty for falling so hard for you and so in love, while my sister was feeling the same and you didn't even love her. I just couldn't do it. Not like that."

"What you did should of had nothing to do with Grace! Emily, you needed to stop being so nice a long time ago. For once, you should've just thought about your feelings and what your heart wanted-- Then maybe, just maybe we'd be together."

Emily blinked a few times before moving closer to me. "You're right. You're so right and I just wish I would've stayed. With you, Grace- I should of never left."

My heart began beating at a very fast pace when Emily's hand brushed my cheek. "You deserve the best and that just wasn't me. It was my fault, but I need to know... Don't you miss me?"

Thanks for reading. Much love, xx