Chapter Three

The First Encounter.

An easy part of waking up in the morning is the fact that I do not have a roommate. I would love to have one, but since I wasn't assigned one, I'm not even going to start complaining.

My morning consisted of one task. To give my counselor some sort of a summary on what it's like at Bieber Inc. I hadn't said anything in detail, because if I did, I wouldn't be able to change any of my opinions later.

The new pencil skirt I had picked up yesterday fit, but it may have just fit too much. Whistles from strange, old, sometimes young men came at me like a boomerang, hitting them back with my remarks. My white top was tucked in the black skirt, as it the outfit was paired with a black blazer and black stiletto pumps.

As soon as I got there, I felt accomplished. I had arrived at the 30 story building fifteen minutes before I was supposed to. If Mr. Bieber isn't going to meet me, I'll just meet him.

I just cannot fathom why I haven't met him yet. Not only is it going to drive me to insanity, it's going to keep me questioning on if he wants to meet me.

"Demi?" I looked up at Destiny, "Your zoning out on me."

I stopped tapping the pencil against the still, wooden top of the desk in front of me. "I'm sorry, Destiny. I've just been thinking."

"About?"

"It's been a week and I have yet to tell my Career Lifestyle counselor anything true about Mr. Bieber. Everything I've said, was made up. If I don't meet him in the next minute, I'm ending my life."

Destiny stood, chuckling at my immediate, random out burst. She was about to respond, her mouth gaped but quickly shut when the elevator dinged.

Out stepped a man. He had on an all grey suit, his body was fit and he seemed tense. The same tattoos I had seen not too long ago shown on each arm. I glanced at Destiny who stood beside me in silence.

This man stood in the doorway of the elevator, observing all and who that was before him.

His beautiful hazel orbs met my big, ugly brown ones as he made his way over to me. Immediately, I felt tense.

"You." He pointed,

"Me?" My voice came out horse, it was quiet and it cracked. "Me?" I said again, this time louder.

He nodded, ever so slightly. "Come with me." I stood, dusting off my skirt. I picked up the small bag I had brought with me. When I looked up to see him staring at me. I walked out from behind the desk, he began to walk ahead.

I got pulled back. "Perfect timing," Destiny whispered, letting me go as I stumbled to catch up with him.

Just as he glanced back, I was already back behind him. I kept my head low, focusing more on the ground than to what was going on in front of me.

He murmured something as we got to his office. "What?" I asked. When I walked in, I tripped over the step that had been in front of me.

"I said for you to watch your step." He repeated. I could tell he was hiding his laughter. "You alright."

I cleared my throat. "Um, yes." He sat down at his very large desk, motioning for me to sit down in front of him; I did so.

"I'd like to apologize for my absence this week. I understand you're here to shadow me?" I gulped, nodding. He asked all of which with barely any emotion.

"I.. Well, I'm a college student, you see. And--"

"Quite young, aren't you?"

"19, yes." I stared, "But you are too, Mr. Bieber." I said, regarding to the truth and how young he actually is.

He chuckled. "Touché, Ms.."

"Lovato."

He nodded, "Well, Ms. Lovato, I'm a strictly busy man and I hope you do realize that others were lined up for such a role to partake."

I nodded, "Yes, I understand that, Mr. Bieber."

"Another thing, since you technically aren't an employee, please, refer to me as Justin." His eyes narrowed at me. "Mr. Bieber is my father, not me."

"Yes, Mr--" His eyes widened, "I mean, Justin."

A knock at the door, sounded through the quiet office. "Come in." Mr. Bieber- Ugh, Justin said. Curse me.

In walked a bright eyed, Grace. The heels she had on, made in noticeable for her appearance. Her hair, in an up do, as to her outfit looked similar to mine. Her eyes glared as soon as she saw me.

She leaned over his desk, her bum was literally in my face. I moved myself to the chair beside me. "Your meeting's in 30, Mr. Bieber." She stated. "In case you forgot."

"Can't you see I'm busy, Ms. Hollister?" She leaned upright. "Be a doll and find your way out. I'll see you there."

Grace sighed loudly before stomping out of his office. I looked back at, god damn it, Justin and his eyes were locked on me.

"Ready for your first official matter of business, Ms. Lovato?" He stood, waiting for my response.

"Yes."

- - -

Thanks for reading. xx