Memories

Risha POV

I saw Abhi smile to himself as we left the hospital. Mom was there to take care of dad for the night. So we were going to Abhi's apartment.

"Why are you smiling?" I asked Abhi as he started driving.

"Do you think mom will forgive dad? Is there any chance for them to be together again?" he asked me excitedly. I saw a glimpse of hope in his eyes. I don't know what mom will do but Abhi will be so happy if she does forgive dad. Though I don't wanna give Abhi a false hope. I shrugged off.

"Hope she does if she won't just respect her decision," I told him softly squeezing his hand. He exhales deeply and focuses on the road. I also looked out of the window the rest of the ride and kept glancing at him from time to time.

I was nervous, it was the first time I would enter the apartment after I left the place. When I stepped inside, I stood frozen there as the memories of that night, the memories of the past month I spent here without him beside me crashed down on me. The agony of being left alone, the aching of my broken heart, felt so real for the time being. I stumbled but Abhi's strong arms grabbed me fast before I fell to the ground.

"Princess, focus on me. Stay with me, baby," Abhi's worried as well as warm voice brought me back into reality. "It's alright, princess. I am here," Abhi comforted me, kissing my forehead as silent tears rolled down my eyes.

It's not like we don't have happy memories here. It's just those memories overwhelmed by the painful ones every time. Abhi picked me up in a bridal style. I put my hand around his neck and grabbed his shirt firmly, hiding my face in his chest. "I am sorry. I shouldn't bring you here," I heard him whisper and place a kiss on my forehead as I drifted off to sleep.

"Princess, wake up," I felt warm lips on my forehead. I am welcomed by a charming smile as I open my eyes. A smile crept across my face as well.

I observed my surroundings and found we weren't in that apartment anymore instead we were at the beach. Not any beach but my secret place. I got out of the car as Abhi led me into the woods. We reached the stream but it was not only the stream anymore that I knew back then. Now we can call it a secret garden, with thousands of fireflies flying around. I was mesmerized by the beauty when Abhi pushed me to a small hut which I had only noticed recently. It was hiding in the trees.

"How come I haven't noticed the hut before?" I wondered.

"Cause it wasn't here one year before," he explained.

"Huh?"

"Don't worry no one knows about this place except for... you... and... me," he said taking me toward the hut. I gasped when my mind comprehended his words. That means he is the one who built it on his own? I stopped walking, making Abhi look at me curiously then he smirked.

He leaned down, put his index to his lips, and said, "It's one of my hidden talents, don't tell anyone." There goes his cocky, mischievous self.

"Does that garden make by you too?" He chuckled shaking his head. Stupid question. He was the only person who knew about this place.

Abhi took me inside the hut. It was dark inside. I felt Abhi step away from me and within a minute he was in front of me holding a candle. He lightens up the other candles across the corners of the room. I observed the room.

There wasn't a lot of space or the modernized furniture nor it was designed by professionals, it's just a simple room with a small bed, two small windows, a study table, and a small cupboard. It gives a cozy vibe. I love this place. I just can't believe my super-hot arrogant husband built this hut on his own with love and adoration.