Understand him better

Risha POV

“You must be Risha, right?” I nodded. How does she knew my name! “He use to me about you every day. So I recognised you the moment I saw you,” she told me smilingly.

“But he didn't tell me about you,” I complained pointing to Abhi.

“I know he is a little bit stupid,” she whispered and I giggled at her comment.  

“That he is,” I agreed with her.

“Hey...” Abhi whined.

“What! Aren't you one, sweetheart. You still didn't introduce us,” she scolded Abhi in a motherly voice.

“Sorry. I forgot,” he told us rubbing the back of his neck. “Granny, she is Risha. I told you about her before. And Risha, she is my granny, Elena Oberoi,” he introduced us. Oberoi! She must be his mom's mother. Abhi never talked to me about his mom.

“We are glad that you introduced us, now go, take your luggage in your room. Meanwhile I will know more about my grand daughter-in-law. I looked at Abhi and he gave me a apologetic smile. And he left with our luggage.

There was only me and granny after Abhi left. Granny then turn towards me and she suddenly hugged me tightly.

“Thank you, dear. Thank you for bringing my smiling, carefree grandson back. I haven't seen him this much happy in last 16 years.” She told me after pulling back. There was happy tears in her eyes.

“Granny, he deserves to be happy,” she smiled after hearing me. We were chatting for a while until Abhi came back.

“Granny, can I steal my wife for sometime before dinner?” Abhi asked her in a cheeky way. Granny chuckled at his question.

“Of course, you can. She is yours anyway.” I looked at Abhi at granny’s statement.I am his? I shouldn't feel right. But why my heart fluttered at this comment!

“Thank you baby girl,” Abhi kissed on granny’s cheek. Then hold my hand and taking to upstairs. I was staring at him the whole time. Why this man always makes me feel weird!

“This is my room. I stay here when I come.” I came out of my train of thought at his sound. He took me to his childhood room. The room has a king size bed, dressing table, a cute little study table, LED TV hanging on the wall with a lot of paints, and  in the right side a giant window and small balcony. A perfect room. There was a photo frame on the nightstand. I went towards it and picked it up.

“Abhi, is it  you?” I asked him pointing to the picture. He nodded rubbing the back of his neck and smiled. It's cute a little Abhi. I don't know why, but he looks so familiar. I can't remember but it's seems like I saw him before.

“I was 7, when the picture was taken,” he told me reminiscing. “Risha,” I looked at him and gestured him to continue. “- Granny didn't know about our...” I know what he was trying to say. Granny thought we have a normal relationship.

“I understand. Don't worry. We will manage,” I reassured him. And he mouthed a thank you.

“So, we have to share the room.” He whispered.

“Didn't we share before?” I raised my brow and he smilingly nodded. We stared at each other's eyes. His eyes are so intoxicating. Looks like he was staring at my soul.

“Babai, dinner is ready. Come down with Risha,” we looked away from each other when granny called us.

“Go, take a shower. I will wait for you,” I went to bathroom and grabbed a quick shower as Abhi told me, he was waiting for me in our bed room. Well, his bed room. But I am going to stay here as well, so I can tell our bedroom, right?

After our dinner we talked for sometime with granny. There was a caretaker, Stella. She takes care of granny when Abhi isn’t around. Abhi trust her with her granny. Granny also tell me Abhi's childhood embarrassing stories. And he on the other side tried to stop granny from telling me all these.

After spending time with granny we went back to our room. ‘Our room’ it seems good to hear.Why are you acting like this Risha!

When I was unpacking our luggage, I found something in Abhi's bag. Why is he taking this?

“What happened? Why are you sitting here like this?” Abhi asked me after coming out of bathroom. I was sitting on the bed holding that bottle which I found from his bag. I showed him that. He sighed deeply and sat beside me.

“From when you are taking these sleeping pills?” I asked him softly.

“Since I was 16.” What! He was taking those pills over 10 years. Even doctors wouldn't suggest anyone take sleeping pills at the age of 16 and that's also for decades.

“Since when you have insomnia?” I whispered.

“After 10,” I looked up at him with watery eyes. “I tried everything, Isha. But I couldn't sleep. Unwillingly I started to taking pills. Without those I couldn't sleep for a single night. In these 16 years, I slept properly only 4 nights without pills,” he smile at the last line. But I was confused. Realizing that he continued, “The 4 nights in which you are with me, when I fell asleep.”

“Why?” I voice was nearly inaudible. He would have missed, if he wouldn't close to me.

“Cause I don't wanna be alone, Isha. I went to sleep hoping that someone will be with me when I woke, then got disappointed in the morning. I don't wanna be disappointed. It- It hurts, Isha,” he told me in a broken voice.

“Is it a reason why you skip meals, cause you don't wanna eat alone?” he nodded.

I realized that moment how alone he was for most of his life. I looked at the pills of my hand. I stood up and went to the dustbin and threw the pills there.

“Isha, what are you doing?” Abhi asked me when he saw me, throwing away those pills.

“You don't need it anymore,” he looked at me confusingly. I took his hand and pulled him on the bed. I make him laying on the bed and closing his eyes. “Sleep. I promise you won't be disappointed when you woke up. You won't be alone any more. I will be with you.” I caressed his head slowly.

I don't want him to get hurt anymore. Cause it hurts me more. He suddenly pulled me to him and placed his face on the crook of my neck and hugged me tightly.

“Don't ruin my habit, princess. I wouldn't be able to live after you would have left. Please, princess, don't do it,” he cried. I hold him closer. My heart clenched after hearing him. My breath caught in my throat.

God! How would I leave this man! Do I really wanna leave him? No way, I don't wanna leave him alone. I want to be with him. But why? Am I starting to fall for him? Aren't I love Alex?What I am thinking! Stop it Risha!

“Please, princess,” Abhi's whimper brought me into reality. He was still curled around me.

“Sleep. I will be here when you woke up.” ‘Everyday’ I wanted to add it so badly. Then kissed on his forehead and caressed his head softly. I wrapped my hand around him protectively. He fell asleep after a while. But I couldn't sleep all night. I replayed all those things that happened after our wedding.