Hurt Beyond Repair

Risha POV

Have you ever been in a situation when you think finally everything was on the right track in your life and the next moment everything turns upside down? How does it feel? Horrible, Pathetic. I know. Cause I felt it too. The moment when I thought everything will be perfect as I sort out everything with Alex. And from the next moment, I realized my whole world crashed down. My husband, the only person I love with my life, stop talking to me and start ignoring me. And the worst part is I don't even know the reason.

I was so engrossed with fixing my friendship with Alex that I didn't realize Abhi was being distant from me after my birthday. A lot has happened in the last month. The day, I thought the happiest day turned into a start of the worst ones. I still remembered that night I entered his bedroom which is used to call 'our'.

"I think we should sleep separately," as soon as I stepped inside, he raved inconsiderately. I was taken aback by his tone. First, he was rude to me before in the living room and then this.

"Why?" I whispered after finding my voice.

"Because that's what I want. I can sleep without you now. I don't need you anymore," need! He doesn't need me? Was I the object of his use?

"Abhi, wh-what are you sa-saying?" I murmured with trembling lips. I didn't understand why he was saying all that.

"Risha, I need privacy. You will be in your room from now on. And don't come to this room again," he hadn't called by my name for a month. What's wrong with him!

"Abhi did I..." I was roughly interrupted by his impulsive behavior.

"Don't you understand a word? I told you to leave the room. Just LEAVE!" I flinched at the acidity in his voice. I never dreamed he would scream at me. He never yelled at me before. I couldn't utter a word. I fought so hard with the tears which were about to fell. He looked at me with a hard expression. I couldn't gather the strength to stand him anymore. I left his room.

Silent tears escaped from my eyes remembering all the occurrences after that night. Abhi ignored me whenever I tried to talk to him. He was either aggressive or just disregarded me. While it is better to be loved than hated, it is also far better to be hated than ignored. Being ignored by someone who means the world to me is the worst feeling I have ever felt.

At this moment I only yearn for his touch, his soothing voice only which can ease my anguish. Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder. I closed my eyes to compose myself. With a forced smiled l looked up. He sat beside me.

"Care to tell me what happened?" he asked me with a concerned look.

"Nothing," I shrugged brushing off the topic like every time whenever he asked me.

"Don't brush me off, Rish. It's been a month since I have seen you like this. It's not your personality. You aren't a gloomy person. Just tell me what's bothering you?" I know I can't hide it from him. But I just can't tell him.

"I miss him, Alex. I miss him a lot," I choked my own tears while talking. I put my head on his shoulder, tighten my grip on his arm as I broke down. He held me till I stop crying.

"Do you want me to break his nose?" A laugh escapes from my mouth as I heard him. Though he tried to comfort me, he was serious.

"We will be okay. Don't worry. He must be busy that's why we didn't spend time together. Once his workload will be reduced he will be the same as before," I reassured him but it seemed like I meant it myself. He sighed. I was glad he didn't drag the topic further.

"You should take a few days off. You looked weak," he advised me.

"I will consider it," he gave me a nod. What will I do with the leave? Spending time at home, thinking about Abhi's recent behavior! It will hurt me more.