Stubborn..??

Risha POV

I went to Abhi's room after talking with Aditi. I was sitting beside him and thinking about what I said to him that day. I accused him that day and he didn't even clear my misunderstanding. ‘Why didn't you tell me truth? Why did you make me angry with you?’ I brushed my fingers on his cheek.

“If you won't eat, that wouldn't make him wake up. You know that, right?” Andrew told me, sitting on Abhi's bed.

“I know but I can't help myself. Andrew, he should wake up by now. Why didn't he still wake up?” I asked him being worried all of a sudden.

“He needed it. He worked day and night constantly for years. A little rest doesn't harm, right?” he said casually. And I can't help but wonder how could he manage all that. He really works a lot. I rarely saw him taking rest.

 “I wanna suggest you something,” Andrew told me, giving me a cup of coffee. “When he wake up, feed him so that he won't collapsed again,” he sighed. “He will push you away at first but...” He was cut by me.

“But I won't give up this time. Don't worry,” I told Andrew with a small smile. We chatted for some time.

“You know, both of you are same,” Andrew told me. What’s wrong with that line. Aditi also told me that before.

“Why, two of you kept telling me this?” I asked him, not being able to control my curiosity.

“Cause when you fell unconscious on your wedding day, Abhi was the same. He was calling me after every 30 minutes and screaming at me, saying why isn't she wake up yet. You haven't any right to be a doctor. I will sue you. Blah blah blah... Your husband is really something,” Andrew told me amusement was clear in his voice. I can't help but giggle at Abhi’s silly act.

Andrew left after some time and I gave my concentration on Abhi again. I felt guilty for misunderstood him.

‘I am sorry Abhi. I am the worst friend in the world. I didn't take care of you. It's my fault that you are here today. But I will make that right.’ I put my head on my hand in his bed and with my other hand I slowly caressed his head. And I didn't realize when I fell asleep.

--------

I woke up in the morning and saw Abhi was sleeping peacefully.

“Doctor, Dr. Smith haven't came yet, his patient was in labour. Could you please check?” one nurse came inside and asked me.

“Ok. Give me 2 minutes I will be there,” I dismissed her.

“Abhi I will be back soon. Wake up quickly, please,” I told him, caressing his head and left the cabin.

**

2 hours later, when I came back Abhi's room, he wasn't there. Then I called Andrew, he also didn't know about Abhi. Then I went to the reception and the receptionist told me he got himself discharged about hours ago. Oh god! What's wrong with this man.

“Where is he?” Andrew asked me, coming to the reception.

“He left. Do you have William’s phone number?” I asked him. And he gave me Will’s number and I called him, knowing that Abhi won't pickup my calls.

“Where is he?” my direct question after he pick up my call.

“Mam, we are going to office,” he told me sleepishly.

“Take him somewhere for breakfast, if he refused, text me then. And don't tell him I called, else he will fire you,” I told William and cut the call. 5 minutes later he text me that his o-so stubborn boss refused to take breakfast. So I haven't any option but to feed him. I went to the apartment and called mum-mum. Cause I don't know how to cook to feed myself let alone anyone else.

After 2 hours hard work I made something. Then taste it. Wow, human can eat that food. That means I am successful. Now it's time for mission impossible.

I went to Abhi's company. I went straight to his office. There I saw Will was talking with someone on phone. When he cut the call I went to him.

“Where is Abhi?” I asked him.

“Mam, Sir was in a meeting,” awesome! Can't he take rest for some time?

“And when your sir's meeting will end?” I sarcasm.

“It's not before 3 hours,” he replied sleepishly. Well, is it so surprising? Definitely NO!

“Fine. I don't have 3 hours. I am going to meet him now,” saying that I went towards his conference room. William tried to stop me but nobody can stop me. I gave him the breakfast basket and went to the room. There my stubborn so called husband was giving presentation.

“May I help you, Mrs. Knight,” he asked me. He didn’t called me by my name since that day and me neither.

“Definitely you can, Mr. Knight. I want to talk to you,” I told him sternly.

“Is it that much important? As you can see I am in an important meeting...” “You must not want to faint in this meeting too, am I right, Mr. Knight?” I sarcasm and I saw a lot of his employee tried control their laughter. Abhi's hadn't any choice but to give up.

“Take a break for some time,” he ordered to his employee and walked away. “Follow me,” he told me when he passed by me.

“What do you want, Miss Mishra?” he asked me when we were in his office.

“Before you called me Mrs. Knight, now you call me Miss Mishra, are you confused?” I tried to lighten the environment but maybe it didn't help much. I saw him clenching his jaw.

“I am not confused, Miss Mishra. We are only husband and wife in front of everyone. But when we are alone, we don't have any relationship. Did you forget that, Miss Mishra?” he raised his brow. Ouch that hurts. Weren't we friend? Well, my fault. But no worries, I will make him my friend again.

“Now get to the point why are you here?” he asked me.