Truth & Promise

Risha POV

It's been 3 months since we got married. Things still didn't short out between me and Abhiudey. He isn't the sweet, caring Abhi anymore. He gave me cold shoulder which he used to give everyone. We only talk when we need something from each other. And trust me, we don't need anything from each other. So yeah we don't talk.

I usually spent most of my time at hospital and Abhiudey in his office so that we can avoid each other. At hospital I meet Andrew. He is Abhiudey’s junior but complete oposite from him. Andrew is sweet and helpful.

Now I am at hospital. I was going to my cabin from the general ward. But one thing caught my eyes. I frozen at the spot seeing him in this condition. He was laying on the scratcher unconscious. The ward boys was taking him to VIP cabin. I ran towards him.

“Abhi!” I put my hand on his face and squeezed but he didn't respond. They laid him down on the bed. “What happened to him?” I asked his secretary, William, being anxious.

“He collapsed during a meeting, mam. Andrew can tell you details. I am waiting outside," he told me politely and left the room. Andrew was examining him.

“Talk,” I asked him when he finished what he was doing. But he didn't respond. “Come on, Andrew. Tell me why did he collapsed?” I asked him again being restless.

“He didn't fed himself for couples of month. He barely took substitutes and now here he is,” he told me sheepishly with a sigh.

“How many months?” I asked him while staring at Abhi. No answer. “Speak,” I ordered him coldly.

“I will call Aditi for you. I gave him IV. He will be okay by tomorrow,” saying that he left the room without giving my answer. I sat on the chair helplessly and kept staring at Abhi.

I was sitting beside him for long times and I skipped my lunch also. But still he didn't wake up. I kept my head down and think about him. Suddenly I felt one hand in my shoulder. I snapped my head up and saw Aditi. She gave me small smile. I wrapped my hand around her and cried. She slowly caressed my head.

In the past 3 months me and Aditi became good friends. She and mum-mum were the only person for whom I was sane. I still didn't tell Aditi about my and Abhiudey’s relationship problem. I know she guessed something. But she didn't question yet which I was thankful for.

“Let's get you some fresh air,” she said when I stopped sobbing.  And I shook my head. Yeah, I am angry at him. But that doesn't mean I want to leave him alone in this condition. What he did to me wasn't right but we were friends at some point.

“Don't shook your head. There are a lot of nurse who can take care of him. Beside you haven't eatten yet,” she told me.

“I am not hungry,” I couldn't swallow any food right now.

“You know, both of you are same. You don't have to eat. But I needed to talk to you about something and you needed to hear. It's very important. Now come on let's go. I called Andrew. He will look after AD for some time,” saying that she pulled me outside the room.

When we were at hospital’s rooftop, Aditi sat in a bench and patted one for me to sit. I sat beside her. After a while she started talking.

“You know, he cares for you. He didn't want to get married at first...” She was reminiscing.

------

Aditi POV

I was in my apartment. I left dad's place when I was 18 like AD, my brother. When I got the call from Andrew, I rushed to the hospital. There I found my brother laying on the bed and a broken Risha.

I know something is wrong with their relationship. They care for each other but didn't show anyone. I have  to do some meddle. So here I am telling Risha everything which my brother wouldn't tell her ever.

“AD is very hardworking person. He became successful by his own without dad's help. The day before you wedding, dad called us to his place,” I told her remembering the day.

**

“You have to marry their daughter,” dad told AD.

“What! No way, I am going to marry someone for some fucking business deal. Marriage can be a business for you but it's not for me,” he screamed at dad. Saying that he was about to leave.

“Then you have to resign from you CEO position,” when dad told that, he frozen  on his spot. The post was very important for him. He sacrificed a lot for this position. And dad knew his weak point.

“No, you can’t do that. I achieved this position,” he reasoned.

“I can do whatever I want. Don't forget I am still the chairman. You decide what will you choose?” saying that dad left the room.

**

Risha POV

“AD hadn't any option but to marry you. He didn’t know who is the bride until he lifted your vail. And trust me, I saw his eyes lit up when he saw its you. And when you lost consciousness, like he lost his coolness. I never saw him this edgy before. He left everything behind and took you to his apartment. He didn't leave your side at all. He hadn't even ate anything,” she said and I was trying so hard not to cry. He didn't marry me purposefully. He was forced too. And I misunderstood him all along.

“I don't know what’s wrong with both of you. But I know one thing only you can bring my smiling brother back. Promise me, Risha, you will give my brother back,” she requested while sobbing.

“I promise, I will give your brother back to you. I will make him smile,” I promised her and I mean it.