Chapter 37

After the old doctor returned home, his eyes were full of anger, Lu Mingxu knew he was in trouble, and Xu Chuanbai was obediently squatting in front of the stove, watching the stove for the old doctor.

"Grandpa..." Xu Chuanbai's voice was immature, and when he saw the old doctor coming back, he ran over quickly, shaking the old doctor with his small arms, "Grandpa, I miss you." The old doctor was a little moved, he picked up

Xu Chuanbai and walked around, and then Smiling and rubbing his head: "You may be going to the village chief's house for a while these days, and I have prepared all the medicine you need." The sudden words made the little

boy a little confused, and he even began to fear that he would be sick again. Abandoned: "It's... did I do something wrong?"

The old doctor shook his head when he heard the words, knowing that he didn't prepare too much, so he said such a thing to him, so he spoke again regretfully: "It's me I'm going to go out recently, but your body is not suitable for bumping back and forth, so I can only let you stay in someone else's house temporarily." The old doctor almost gave all his tenderness to Xu Chuanbai, and Xu Chuanbai nodded obediently, Turn around and pack your little baggage.

Before I came back, I went to the village chief's house to explain the matter clearly. Since the matter is very urgent, I should leave tonight.

In the evening, the old doctor brought Xu Chuanbai to the village chief's house, and after some instructions, he set foot on the road to the county seat. The old lady hadn't taken care of the children for a long time, but she happily rubbed Xu Chuanbai's head, promising Let the old man rest assured.

A group of people are busy running around for this matter, Xie Randeng is also not idle, has been working hard to cook and deliver to the prison, although the two cannot meet each other, Lu Mingxu can still eat the meals made by Xie Randeng , to avoid the pain of eating rotten food, just like this for two days...

The morning sun shone in through the small window, and the rats and worms were running around in the dark and damp prison. Lu Mingxu's prison uniform was already dirty. He leaned his head against the wall and looked at the prison with blank eyes. ceiling, but at this moment, there were a few noises in the corridor of the prison, Lu Mingxu stood up and looked out the door of the cell.

The looks of those jailers were already very familiar, they were the ones who escorted him here on the first day, Lu Mingxu calculated the time, it wasn't time to eat, so it shouldn't be the ones who came to deliver the food... Lu Mingxu's eyes suddenly lit

up Get up, this is because the old doctor has settled the matter, and the county magistrate agreed to go and treat the illness by himself?

"Lu Mingxu! In that room, open the door!!" The jailer's voice can be described as very unrestrained, his voice echoed in the whole brain, the prisoners in other prisons were still asleep, but now they heard this With a cry, they got up one after another, and there was another cry begging the jailer to let him go.

However, the jailer obviously didn't pay attention to their cries, but immediately took out the key from his waist and opened the door of Lu Mingxu's cell. Different from the bad attitude last time, this time the jailer smiled and invited Lu Mingxu out. He hugged some clean clothes and said, "Don't you see that the flood has washed into the Dragon King Temple? How did I know that you are the famous doctor that the county magistrate is looking for."

? ? It was only now that Lu Mingxu knew what it means for one person to be promoted to heaven by a chicken or a dog. Although the county magistrate himself didn't know it, he was already very proud of just getting the magistrate's grace to treat illnesses: "Thank you for letting me go. If I get the favor of the magistrate, I will definitely I will have a few nice words."

This is what the jailer wanted, and he quickly ordered the people around him to change clothes for Lu Mingxu with a smile on his face, and respectfully invited him out. Those prisoners were all dumbfounded, and they all said that they would medicine.

Lu Mingxu walked out again, but he felt that the sun was so beautiful, and now the county magistrate was in a hurry to go to the doctor, he didn't care who Lu Mingxu was, and ordered the person who came to pick him up to meet all his requirements.

So the luxurious carriage waited at the gate of the prison, Lu Mingxu put his hands behind his back, and pointed to Yinquan Village: "I want to go home and pick up my husband, so that I can treat the son with peace of mind." Those servants who were sent to pick up Lu Mingxu He even knew how much his county magistrate valued this matter, everyone knew how good the old doctor's qualifications were, but this person was able to get the full recommendation of the old doctor, so things were not easy.

They have always met the wind to make the rudder, how could they dare to be dissatisfied with these requests, they quickly greeted him with a smile, and then ordered the coachman to rush to Yinquan Village, the small town has never seen such a luxurious carriage and team, so they all showed With a look of envy, they are also guessing what is the origin of this.

Those who have seen a little of the world can tell that this is the carriage of an official family. When they were still guessing who was sitting in the carriage, a gust of wind blew and the curtain was lifted. Lu Mingxu's handsome man Everyone was shocked when a face that was so discolored appeared in everyone's field of vision.

"What? It's actually Lu Mingxu? When did he become an official?" "

Oh, don't talk nonsense. I heard that he recently learned a medical skill that can cure the serious illness of the county magistrate's son." At this time, there was finally someone Standing up to speak, it's not like Lu Mingxu didn't hear what they said while sitting in the carriage, but...

Lu Mingxu laughed and let them guess from the bottom, the carriage went straight to Lu Mingxu's house, until at the door, Lu Mingxu He signaled them not to speak yet, and walked in alone.

Xie Randeng was sitting in the main room at this moment, absent-mindedly embroidering a handkerchief. Lu Mingxu originally wanted to give him a surprise, but who knew that the next second he accidentally stuck the needle into his hand, and gasped for a cool breath with a hiss. gas.

Lu Mingxu couldn't be calm anymore at this time, he rushed up to hold Xie Randeng's hand, half knelt down to show him his fingers under his shocked gaze, and tore off a piece of clean fabric from the new clothes he had just put on Wrap Xie Randeng's fingers.

"You can still be so inattentive when doing things, don't you want to be stabbed every day?" Lu Mingxu looked up at Xie Randeng with some sense of blame, but found that Xie Randeng's eyes were full of tears.

"Husband...husband...you... are back..." Lu Mingxu nodded, holding Xie Randeng's hand, the two of them didn't say anything, but they seemed to have said everything.

Lu Mingxu first convinced Xie Randeng to go back, and then explained to him the real reason why he was able to come out this time. Xie Randeng was stunned: "Husband...husband...do I want to go too?" Lu Mingxu nodded, his eyes full

of It's tenderness: "Let you stay here alone, I don't feel at ease."

Xie Randeng suddenly felt a little moved, he looked at Lu Mingxu's deep eyes, and a warm current flowed through his heart, then Xie Randeng held Lu Mingxu's hand, The place where the needle was pricked just now also rested on Lu Mingxu's palm.

Xie Randeng went into the house to pack his luggage. Many people began to poke inside the door, wanting to see what happened, but they saw Xie Randeng packing his things happily. Everyone was guessing whether Lu Mingxu just Go to jail? How could it be released so quickly, and in such a beautiful way.

"Hey, do you think he found some way to make money? Then he flattered the officials and wanted to move out of our impoverished small village and climb high." Someone was talking loudly at the door, since they Knowing that Lu Mingxu's temper became more daring, Lu Mingxu naturally heard all this undisguisedly, and sometimes he also sighed, why some people are born to be cheap, and they have to be cold-hearted to know how to restrain themselves. ?

But today is really not a suitable day to "discuss" with them further. Lu Mingxu just stood in the yard and listened to what they could come up with, but he heard a different voice the next moment.

"Can you stop saying that, they are all from the same village, so it's possible that you still wish for others' well-being?"

Why does this voice sound so familiar? Lu Mingxu immediately looked out. Lin Jia was wearing earth-colored clothes with the sleeves rolled up high. It looked like he had just returned from the vegetable garden or the cellar. Lu Mingxu felt warm and continued to listen.

"Although he had a bad temper before, he didn't threaten us after all. As for making trouble now?" Lin Jia became more and more excited as he spoke, and the rest of the people also lowered their heads and remained silent. Lu Mingxu didn't expect that there would be someone at this

moment Standing up to speak for myself, I suddenly felt that the things I did before were not done in vain. It was obviously just from the perspective of my doctor's heart, but I still gained a lot of good intentions.

And the servants of the county magistrate's mansion who were standing at the door waiting for Lu Mingxu and Xie Randeng couldn't stand what they said: "This son is our young master's only life-saving straw, if you dare to treat the young master's benefactor again Disrespect, we are the first ones to show no mercy."

When these young men go out, every move represents the meaning of the master behind them, and what they say is authoritative, and the rest of them are like birds and beasts no matter what they dare to say. spread.

Lu Mingxu walked towards Lin Jia, very grateful: "I told myself not to listen to what they said, but I didn't expect you to speak for me. Thank you..." This thank you Lu Mingxu came from the bottom of my

heart He never knew that it was a good feeling to be protected by others. Lin Jia was originally a farmer, and he spoke carelessly. It was the first time he was thanked in person, and he was a little embarrassed.

"You saved my wife and child. You are the benefactor of our family. It is impossible for us to sit idly by while seeing the benefactor being speculated." Lin Jia really spoke his mind, he just can't understand others Continuing to slander Lu Mingxu, is the Taoist not allowed to be forgiven for making mistakes?

Lu Mingxu nodded, and finally understood what is meant by simple folk customs, and the rest of the people just didn't think about it personally, and their natures are not bad, so Lu Mingxu wasn't particularly sad.

Xie Randeng then packed up his things and ran out. Seeing Lu Mingxu talking to Lin Jia, he didn't leave in a hurry, but Xizhu stood in front of Lin Jia's house. Xizhu's head was still wrapped with a cloth strip, as if to prevent The wind blows in winter, which makes the body after giving birth catch a cold.

It's just that they are all men, so they are not so delicate, so they are not very afraid of standing in the wind, and they are holding a child covered by several layers of quilts in their arms.

Xie Randeng became interested when he saw this, and hurriedly went up embarrassedly, wanting to see the child.

Xizhu also saw that Xie Randeng liked the child very much, so he was willing to bring the child in front of him. Those boys standing beside the carriage didn't dare to rush, so they watched a few people chatting.

Fortunately, Lu Mingxu didn't make things difficult for them, but after saying a few more words, he started to prepare to leave. Xie Randeng had already put a few changes of clothes on the carriage, and when he saw that Lu Mingxu was leaving, he went to Keep up, but at this moment, Lu Mingxu stopped, turned around and was waiting for Xie Randeng to get on the carriage first.

Xie Randeng felt flattered and supported Lu Mingxu's hand to go up, then sat down again, and then Lu Mingxu continued to go up.

Behind Lin Jia and Xi Zhu waved to the carriage, hoping that the trip would go smoothly.

"Husband...husband...are we going...to the county magistrate...there?" Xie Randeng's eyes were full of clarity, Lu Mingxu nodded, looking at Xie Randeng who had been away for a few days, a kind of unspeakable lovesickness When he was in prison, he thought that if he could come out alive, then he must have strengthened his heart to be with Xie Randeng.

And now, it is indeed firm.

The speed of the carriage is not slow, it is already a faster means of transportation than the boat, and the servants of the county magistrate's mansion are fully responsible for all the problems such as eating along the way, and they have not wronged them.

When the carriage came to the gate of the county magistrate's mansion, it was already the afternoon of the third day, but such a day was very uneasy for the people of the county magistrate's mansion. Those buildings in the town were completely different, Xie Randeng opened the curtain and looked out, a trace of surprise flashed in his eyes, then he lowered his eyebrows and nodded to cover it up, and continued talking to Lu Mingxu with a smile.

"You two, the county magistrate's mansion has arrived." The coachman finally delivered the two of them safely, wiped the sweat from his forehead, and then the people from the county magistrate's mansion moved out, and placed a mahogany stool under the carriage. For two people to step off the carriage.

"Two, the county magistrate has been waiting inside for a long time." The boy thought that there were two genius doctors, so he unconsciously brought Xie Randeng with him while speaking. Lu Mingxu didn't want Xie Randeng to face it too. The county magistrate, who doesn't know his temperament, waved his hand: "The one next to me is my husband, and he will accompany me on this trip, so I can go to meet you alone." The boy

nodded With a clear head, he stretched out his hand to signal the two to go inside. After walking a few steps, someone else came to guide Xie Randeng to the guest room that had been cleaned up first, while Lu Mingxu was led to the main hall.

The county magistrate's mansion is very grand, worthy of being a magistrate, Lu Mingxu quietly looked at it as he walked, although the county magistrate's mansion is magnificent, but there are not many extravagant things, it seems that this official is also passable.

When Lu Mingxu walked into the main hall, he saw the old doctor sitting next to the county magistrate drinking tea calmly, and he seemed to be able to eat anywhere.

"Caomin has met the county magistrate." Lu Mingxu didn't know the etiquette in this dynasty, but he did it according to the actions he felt safe in his heart. Sure enough, he didn't attract any reprimands, but the county magistrate looked at him kindly.

"Get up quickly. If you can cure my son, then I should thank you. There is no need to follow any etiquette." The county magistrate said it very nicely, but it actually has another meaning. If you He just came here to show off and deceive, so he might not be able to get out of his palm.

So this time, it may have taken a long time for the old doctor to decide to recommend Lu Mingxu, but Lu Mingxu can be said to be very relaxed.

"I heard that... you are still the son of the master that Mr. Xu worshiped. You have been gifted since childhood, and you have saved several people in the village a few days ago. I am very pleased." Lu Mingxu heard that After saying this, he immediately opened his eyes and looked to the side. This old doctor really has a way of making nonsense.

The old doctor was afraid that Lu Mingxu would miss the point, so he quickly winked. Lu Mingxu naturally understood, and bowed modestly: "My lord speaks too seriously. It's not a talent. It's just that I have learned some skills from my father since I was a child." Lu

Mingxu When answering these words, it can be said that there is no leak. The old doctor couldn't help but marvel in his heart. He thought he would continue to be polite like this, but the county magistrate immediately changed the subject: "I heard that Miracle Doctor Lu just You were picked up from the prison? And I just received a secret report, you actually believe in witchcraft?"

Lu Mingxu was stunned, what should he say to prove to the county magistrate that he was just misunderstood. I thought these questions would only be asked after I was cured, but I didn't expect...

Lu Mingxu's mind raced to come up with a countermeasure, and he quickly knelt down and prostrated himself: "Lord county magistrate, I am wronged! He once studied medicine with his father, married his husband when he grew up, and honestly farmed the land to support his family. He didn't even touch the art of witchcraft. He carried a pack of silver needles with him, but was mistaken for a witch The cursed silver needles needed for the voodoo technique, Cao Min thinks that the person who is so sensitive to the voodoo technique is the most suspicious one."

Seeing what he said, the county magistrate quickly smiled, trying to ease the atmosphere: "You don't have to be nervous, there are indeed many things that need to be investigated. If you can cure my son, I will definitely be able to I keep you safe this time."

The county magistrate's words are very clear, he puts his son very much in his heart, as long as he can cure this disease.

Even if he wants to protect someone who really knows the art of witchcraft, the county magistrate can turn a blind eye this time, but only this time. If there is a similar thing next time, then he will completely Will not miss the old love.

One time is enough, and it is impossible for him to be framed by others in the future. Lu Mingxu was firm in his heart, raised his head and his eyes were full of gratitude: "Thank you, Lord Magistrate for your trust, the grass people will definitely not disappoint your trust." The magistrate stroked his beard in satisfaction, and then he was about to arrange a banquet, but Lu Mingxu waved his hand

: "My lord, it's better not to worry about these things. The grass people have always remembered what they came here for, and you have been worrying about this matter, why don't you let me take the pulse first." Lu Mingxu's words were really about the county magistrate

. In his heart, although he was very anxious to get Lu Mingxu to feel his pulse, he was also afraid that Lu Mingxu would feel impatient. Although he had achieved the position of county magistrate, he knew nothing about medical skills. It is also possible to harm your own son.

But since Lu Mingxu so consciously offered to see his son, the county magistrate's affection for him rose sharply, and he praised him again and again, leading Lu Mingxu to his son's room.

From the outside, this young master's room can also be seen to follow a low-key style, but before entering, one can smell a strong smell of medicine.

Lu Mingxu frowned. In fact, the medicine is three-point poisonous. If the medicine is not prescribed properly, it will have an adverse effect on the body, so he ordered to the servant who arranged for him by his side: "Go and take the medicine that you have been taking these days. Submit all the scum, I want to see the ingredients."

Then Lu Mingxu stepped in, and heard the county magistrate's son coughing inside, which could be said to be crying blood, which was already serious.

"My lord, Cao Min is here to treat you, and you may need to get a pulse right now." Lu Mingxu looked calm and saluted the bed, and the person on the bed said in a dying voice, "Well... Although I have given up hope , but my father is always willing to heal me... come on... take my pulse."

Although the county magistrate's son seemed to give up, he didn't say anything else after all, but smiled and asked Lu Mingxu to come. He took the pulse of the county magistrate's son out of politeness, and then became more convinced that it was just a lung disease, and diseases like this have already written Chinese medicine prescriptions in modern times.

Just need to take it slow.

Lu Mingxu smiled, clasped his fists and said to the county magistrate's son: "Congratulations, my lord, this kind of illness is exactly what the grass-roots researched a few days ago, and it has been successful. The grass-roots can guarantee that it will be safe, but you just need to take it slowly. Caomin will definitely not leave until he gets better."

"Really...really!? You mean my illness is still curable." The magistrate's son even had some strength to speak when he heard this, and Lu Mingxu was even more able to speak. Confirming his diagnosis, he nodded with a smile.

It seems that there is no unparalleled road, and this is God giving himself a chance.

The county magistrate's son was only happy for a while, and then sighed: "You are not trying to make me happy, are you? This illness has troubled me for a long time. The doctors who came here, even the imperial physicians who retired from the palace, prescribed prescriptions. It's useless, what else can I expect?"

But Lu Mingxu shook his head: "Since this is the case, why don't you trust the grassroots again?" What can the county magistrate's son do? The current situation can only be said to be a dead horse as a living horse doctor.

So the county magistrate's son nodded and let Lu Mingxu check the prescriptions he had taken in the past.

The author has something to say:

I am thick and long