31- Loving the Shadows

OMG. Last chapter. We're not sure what we're going to do. What do you think the epilogue should be? Help us write it.

Nico's POV

Alex is a murderer. Every mortal in the Starbucks is. Dead. Dead as dead can get. After I began feeling the lives of the mortals slip I decided I'd vanish. But I still can't believe Alex.

Its as if-as if our love meant nothing. It was as if I wasn't important enough. She was going to ditch me, leave me.

So I ditched her. While she was freaking out, her powers reaching maximum. Untamable. And I left her.

And I wouldn't say I don't regret, but I wouldn't say I hope I did.

Maybe I could've stopped her, calmed her down.

But did she deserve it.?

She betrayed me, she hurt me, why would I help her.

She hurt me, burnt me to the crisp. I loved her. But that meant nothing anymore.

"Nico, Nico." I heard someone call.

I jerked up to see Percy standing over me.

"What," I snapped, bitterly.

"Nico- calm down-I was just going to say the elevator has arrived."

I didn't say anything. I was in a very, very bad mood if you couldn't already tell. I was trying everything to stop myself from crying. I spent about a half hour crying in my bedroom. Hazel luckily wasn't home.

We're in the empire state building, going to receive our awards for the second war. Because Olympus shut down we weren't unable to get them until now.

The elevator ride was short, the numbers on the screen blinking up so fast until it reached, 600.

We walked up Olympus and paused outside the doors. We were told to wait because the Olympians were dealing with an 'important' matter. Probably just a fight between Apollo and Artemis.

I leaned against the doors while the others were huddled a few feet away talking about who knows what.

Suddenly a voice boomed from inside. Echoing through the corridor. But I only needed to hear it once.

"ALEX JACKSON, YOU ARE TO BE EXECUTED!" the voice thundered.

Alex.

Executed.

Styx.

MY mind wasn't thinking properly. Everything that happened in the past hour escaped me. Only memories of us together, our first kiss, our first date.

I heard blood rush through me ears. My mind wasn't in control. Or maybe I was in complete control over what I was doing. I'll never know.

I threw open the door shouting, "NO!" I have never heard my voice so confident.

There stood Alex before the gods. Zues' bolt aimed right at Alex's heart.

I ran, my feet felt like they were on fire. I ran. Colliding with Alex, shoving her away.

But I didn't move.

Not fast enough.

I just stood there.

And then I felt the tug.

A tug gesturing someone is about to die.

And that someone was me.

Alex's POV

I stoop frozen. Not daring to breathe. Or move. I couldn't speak, my voice betrayed me. I couldn't scream for him, I couldn't move to him.

All I could do was watch. Watch as thousands of bolts o felectricity imaple Nico di Angelo.

NICO.

He saved me. That's all I can think about. he saved me.

And now he's dead. Now. He. Is Dead.

My death boy has achieved his name sake.

"NICO!!!!," people began screaming. I couldn't move but I sensed them, behind me. The seven. MY brother.

I watched in silence as they crowded around Nico's limp body. Hazel was crying.

But I wasn't.

I couldn't.

Because in that moment I was blinded with rage.

Rage. Fury. Anger.

SO much I swear I was trembling.

But I wasn't the only one mad.

Suddenly, there were others in the room. Others, the dead warrior.

I watched as Bianca was sobbing, I bet she felt it. Felt her own brother's death. I bet she knew.

And I bet she was mad.

She stood before me, tears down her cheeks yet her sight tinted red. Her eyes wide in rage.

"YOU. KILLED.MY BROTHER!"  she screamed, the floor grew long cracks, scanning the distant of the room. Shadows heaving through the cracks.

"Bianca. Stand down" Hades said. I hadn't realized he was even paying attention. And he didn't seem phased either. Does he not care? Now I wanted to kill Hades too, how could he not care.

"MY brother, your son is dead. I will not stand down." Bianca said with so much anger it was out of her nature. It was out of my nature. But  at this moment I was still frozen. Frozen in anger. Frozen in grief.

"And you-" Bianca cried, jabbing a finger at Poseidon, " vote to kill your own daughter."

"Wait. Everyone shut up." it was Percy speaking now. He ran up beside me.

he looked at me, with those sad, lost eyes. But they were filled with sadness, but something else.

"Perseus, stay out of this," Poseidon hissed.

"LUKE!" someone shouted. It was the daughter of Athena. She had ran up to Luke. Disbelief in her eyes. Shock in her body movements.

Luke was standing a the other side of the room, examining the scene.

"Hey, Annie."he said. but he didn't smile. He knew   better. this was not a smiling situation.

Annabeth grasped Lukes arm, as if to make sure he was real.

"Father, what is Alli Johnson here and how are they alive?" Percy erupted, gesturing to me and the dead warriors.

"She, " Zeus began, "is a murderer, who is my brother's daughter. Her name is Alex Jackson. She murdered mortals."

"Zeus, how- how are they alive," Annabeth stammered. And for once she couldn't speak.

I couldn't take it. I couldn't take it.

"You. Killed. Nico. " I hissed, my voice a harsh whisper but everyone heard. Everyone turned to me.

"more importantly," Athena interrupted, "how did he know you."

"I loved him. And now. Now, he's dead." I screamed, the mountain shaking, uncontrollably.

I looked back at Nico. He looked like n angel, asleep, laying there.

My death boy.

My boyfriend.

My Nico is dead.

And the last things I said to him was I hate him.

But I love him.

Help us write the epilogue! Submit it under the hash tag #LTSepilogue and tag us, and message us too. You guys have until July 1st.

Thanks!!

We'll post a few and credit will go to the author !! Good luck!!