30-Loving the Disappointment

Alex's Pov

Knock knock.

"Alex?" Silena asked banging on my door.

"What?" I hollered back.

She poked her head through the door. There was nothing for her to see except me laying on my bed reading.

"my mom wants to speak to you," she said. Her mom? Aphrodite

What does aphrodite want from me. I have a boyfriend already. But then again should I expect the worst, she wants me to break up with Nico? That would be terrible, catascrophicly terrible.

I nodded and got up. "Do you know why?" I asked. I doubt she knew but I needed to ask.

"No," she shook her head.

I walkef into the throne room and saw Lady Aphrodite there. She had raven hair and warm chocolate eyes. Like Nico.

"Hello." I said simply, unsure what to day.

She smiled," Hello, hon. So I hear you're attending Goode?"

"I am,"

"you're still seeing Nico, am I correct?"

Nod

"But you can't be with him, correct?"

Nod

"But you absolutely need a boyfriend in High school."

"I have one. Nico." I responded hoping she wasn't saying what I think she's saying.

"I know that, but while you seem single, may I ask you a favor?"

"Depends," I said, unsure.

"Carter...Rachel Elizabeth Dare's (the oracle) cousin. He's depressed and struggling with his life. He's one of Nico's close friends. How about you date him? Cheer him up,"

"That's cheating!" I exclaimed.

"No..." Aphrodite said thoughtfully."Its taking turns. Anyways it's not cheating when you still love Nico and you can tell him what I have asked you to do,"

"No. I will not lead Carter on, or would I be disloyal to Nico," I said bitterly.

"Fine, I'll tell Lady Athena that you being in school is a bad idea, that'll be definitely get you booted,"

"No!," I exclaimed," Fine. I'll do it."

"Very good," she hummed, she nodded her farewell and vanished into a bulb of light.

Great. Now what am I going to do. I decided I should tell the others about what aphrodite said and then tell Nico.

Once arriving back into our quarters I found Silena in her room.

"Hey." she said casually flipping the pages of her magazine.

"HI, so I was talking to your mom and.." I explained what happened.

Silena thought for what seemed like hours,"Love is messed up, isn't it.'

"It is, but I came here for advice, what would you do."

"Me?Hm. I would do it, but tell my boyfriend that its all a ploy."

"But I feel bad for leading Carter on."

"Its not leading on...its doing a favor. He never has to know."

So a few minutes later I texted Nico and told him to meet me at starbucks.

Time Lapse

Starbucks was crowded, with its dim lights and coffee smell it felt scrushed.

"Hey, death boy," I said as Nico slid into the seat across from me.

"Hey, royal Jerkness." he said casually. "So, why you call me over here?"

"Well." I said uneasily.

"Oh, Styx, you're breaking up with me," he swore. He dropped his head into his hands, frowning miserably.

"No!" I exclaimed," of course not. It's-well-I was talking to aphrodite and well..." I stammered.

"What." he seethed," What did that son of hera say,"

So I told him about the deal, he was grimacing the whole time.

"I hate aphrodite." he stated.

"I know," I said solemnly," so do I. But I have to do it or I'll get kicked out school.,"

"So school means more then me!" he erupted.

I bit my lip," No, of course not. But think about it Nico, if you had to date someone to be able to be close to Bianca, someone who wasn't me, would you do it?"

"Of course not." Nico snapped," I will not allow you to do this."

"Well, you don't control me. I never get to see Percy, this is the closest I've ever gotten to him."

"Fine. That's it, I knew not to trust you, you're selfish and you're -" Nico said he eyes narrowing.

The words hit me hard. He doesn't trust me? I'm selfish? No. No. It'd all his fault, what would he do if he was in my position. If he had to choose me or Bianca. He has no right to call me selfish.

"Shut up," I shouted, my voice shrill. "I can't believe you! I hate you" and before I could calm down. I felt it. The tug in my gut.

Water. Everywhere, flooding the room. Coming from every angle towards me.
It wad warm to my touch and gathered at my fingertips.

The room was beginning to full up, and fast. I couldn't control it, I was in rage. I was furious. At Nico and at myself.

I saw Nico slip away into shadows.

I heard screams everywhere, yells for help. Struggling and splashing.

I was suddenly feeling a whirling sensation, everything was slipping away from me, everything tunneling into darkness.

The world regathered around me. I was in the throne room on Olympus.

Everything went to hell from there.