17- Loving the Kiss

.Nico 's POV

It was late at night again. The darkness was welcoming for me, and familiar. I couldn't sleep, it seemed impossible.

I had been laying, playing on my phone, wich probably didn't help my insomnia. But that was better then going into the land of thoughts.

I shuffled away and when I turned the corner out of Bianca's room I bumped into somebody.

"Not this again." Alex muttered under her breathe. Her hair was messy and she wore a sweatshirt with pajama shorts.

"Good morning," I greeted nonchalantly.

"Is this going to become a thing, death boy, meeting in the middle of the hall way in the middle of the night,"

"It could if you'd like, I don't sleep."

"Neither of I." she said and together we walked into the kitchen. Something different, she was acting tense or angry.

"What wrong, Alex," I said generously , a new found honesty in my voice.

"Cut it out di angelo, you were such a jerk today," she hissed.

I wasn't surprised, I was a jerk but only because she was being a brat.

"Like you were much better yourself," I retorted.

She sneered," I showed you something- I was a coward infront of you and then you're a jerk about," she said, flushing a dark red. Her eyes narrowed and her voice cracked.

"I'm Sorry- It's just-I'm bad with-I-" he said, but was forced to look away.

"Say a complete Sentence!" her voice was raising.

"I am a jerk. I'm a big fat effing jerk. I'm like Clarisse, I don't know how to react, I- do-I understand, Alex. I understand how you're feeling. I said something once, infront of a friend and it was very very private and then things were awkward. But now we're best friends," I was referring to Jason and my crush on Percy.

"What was it,"

I became flushed, my foot suddenly glittery. I did not want to say.

"Nothin'" I blushed.

"you saw me cry, you have to tell me, then we'll be equal."

"NOTHING," I shouting

I studied her and she looked slightly angry. .

"Fine. Want hot chocolate?" she asked.

"Sure." I shrugged. She got up and stalked into the kitchen.

despite being comfy on the couch I followed her.

"I know I'm an asshole."

"No I'm the asshole. I'm a jerk, your right, Im a coward and a wimp and-"
She said her look full of self rage, the words hurt me that she said that.

But then I inclined my head and saw something. My breathing swallowed and I took a gulp.

Cuts lined her thighs, thin red lines, horizontal.

I would have never guessed

Her green eyes widened as she followed my glance. She yanked down her shirt but it was too late and she knew it too.

She began trembling, shaking. Her eyes turning frail and broken.

"Don't worry." I whispered, my voice soft and flawless" I have my own battle scars,"

She seemed at ease for a moment and I felt relief swirl to me, hope fill my heart for a slight moment," Why?" she asked the one quistion that I wished to never answer. But I did. I answered for her.