13- Loving the Pictures

This is a longer shatter, hope you like it

Nico's POv
"It-It," I stuttered, unable to comprehend what to say. My mind was blank. I looked into the eyes of my friends, each of them more horrifying then the next. Then my eyes flickered to the image on Piper' phone. I wasnt getting out of this one so easily.

Two Hours Earlier

"Where to, death boy?" Alex asked, kicking pebbles as we walked along the side walk. The sound of busy traffic surrounding us and the uneasy feeling that something was following us.

"Alex..."" I said, my eyes locking on a figure across the street. There was an old fat lady sitting at the bus stop across the street. But the lady was looking right at me, and her eyes glowed a hue of red. Not good.

She had tan patchy skin and was wearing a ratty-ripped suite with made her stomach buldge.

Alex eyed the woman, dropping her hands into her vest pocket, retrieving a dagger. I held out my hand, shadows swirling around my finger tips until I felt the familiar holt of my sword.

"It already sees me so we can't run." And as I said that the thing..vanished No not vanished, jumped. In a flash it became a chimeria, sprining off its hind goat legs.

"Duck!" I shouted.The monster had landed right behind Alex. Its head was of a lion, while its other head was a goat. its snake tail flung in the air, its mouth opend just enough to see the flicker of a flame. The Chimeria.

Alex cucked and I swung my sword, cutting a gash in the lion's cheek. It roared, and it was my turn to duck as fire seared the edges of my hair.

I rolled to the side and Alex rolled the other way. I jumped to my feet and ran behind the monster while Alex was drenching it with water from the front. I stoke its behind, slicing the tail off. It roared and turned toward me. I side stepped slicing through its chest, but I guess it didnt take, only made the monster more angry.

Alex ran back infront of it, trying to piece the monsters eyes. While I was fighting the goats head and snake side.

But then I heard her scream. I whipped around and saw that the monster had bit into her shoulder. Alex fell to the ground, the monster gaining on top of her. It mouth inches from the flesh of her neck .

I ran toward Alex, skidding to my knees before the mosnter.I was now keeling, my back toward Alex as I sliced at the monsters head.

And I hit the mosnter right in its neck, it screeched and the lion head fell to the gound. Now with an open space I rolled under the body and pierced its heart. The monster turned to dust.

I rushed toward Alex who was propped up, grabbing her shoulder.

"Are you okay?" I asked, hurriedly.

She shot me a leer, "No, I just got bitten and injected with poison."

"Do you have any ambrosia or anything?" I asked.

She went to grab something from her pocket but then cussed as she moved.

"In my pocket, it magical, think of soemthing and it'll show up." she said through gritted teeth.

I did as she said, yet it was akward. I leaned foward, putting my hand in her pockets . We were so close I could feel her breath warm on my cheek, it reaked of the metalic smell of blood and posion.

I pulled some nectar, ambrosia and ACE bandages.

She greedily took the nectar and ambrosia, and the I dessed the wound. She had had a tank top underneath so it didnt bother her when I told her she had to remove her shirt.