19- Loving the Rerun

Nico's POV

We walked through the frame, ready to be battered with questions.
The moment we walked in there the dead warriors stood.

They turned and looked at us and for a moment we stood facing each other.

"Where have you beeen?" Sillena erupted.And they began firing quistion at Alex who stood there remaining solitary.

Bianca came over to be and cupped my hand in hers "Neeky, where were you?"

What should I say, I paused, "I was wandering around , I couldn't sleep." I lied.

"With Alex?" she asked, I couldnt tell if her voice was hopeful or disappointed.

"Kinda, we ran into eaachother," I said, sheepishly.My sister smiled and warpped a tender arm around me.

I turned to find Alex flushed a dark red. She looked pissed and irritated, her lip puffing out and her fists clencjed.

"Shut up, I couldnt sleep, so I went for a walk." she said cutly.

"Was it a nightmare?" Luke asked.

"You could have gotten hurt." Silena dictated.

"You should tell us first,"Zoe achnowledged.

"Were you with Nico?" Charles asked.

"Shut up." She yelled, " Yes it was a nightmare, who cares if I got hurt, I can defend myself thank you very much , and I dont have to tell you anything .. And who cares, Nico and I ran into eachother"

"But Alex-" Luke began. Wrong move, I knew the moment Luke spoke what Alex would do.

Bam. Alex slapped Luke right across the cheek. Castellan yelped raising a hand to his handprint stained cheek.

"Alex, what the hell," Bianca said, reaching across me and grabbed Alex's wrist.

Alex turned, her green eyes wide in both anger and shock, her cheeks were flushed .

She stared at Bianca for a horrid moment. I started between them, waiting for something.

Alex wrestled her arm free from my sister's and stormed off.

We stood still for a moment until everyone turned to me. I felt everyone eyes on me and I tensed.

How is this my fault?

"This is awkward. I'll go." I mumbled and before anyone could say anything I shadow traveled away.

I chose the wrong place to shadow travel. I should've traveled somewhere here I couldn't be found. Instead I went to our apartment.

The moment the shadows left I cursed. I stumbled forward collapsing into the coffee table, wich collapsed on its side with a thud.

"Dam," I whispered. As the plastic cup tumbled off the edge of the tilted table, then the glass vase shattered into pieces on the floor.

The noise was loud, very loud. The lights flashed on and I was caught like a deer in head lights.

Hazel stood in the hallway, one hand on the light switch the other holding her spatha.

"Nico?!," she said hecticly.

I gulped eyeing Hazel hesitantly. She was wearing her pajamas, her hair in like a curly nest.

"HI." I said eventually. I stood up, pushing the table into the up right position. Then I knelt down picking up the cup, placing it back on the table.

I reached for a chip of glass and yelped, recoiling. I looked at my cut and hand and winced.

My sister moaned, " Let me do it, go to your room now," she demanded.