20- Loving the Girlfriend

Nico's POV
"You're happy," Hazel commented as I reached for an apple.

"Indeed I am," I beamed, thinking about about today

"Why so?" she asked excited.

"No reason," I said, blushing.

"No reason? Yeah right. Do tell Nico, do tell,"

"It's nothing, Haze, honestly," I said, trying to suppress my smile.

"Really? Well what ever it is, have fun."

"Thanks," I said, shyly and with my banana I left.

Time lapse

The sun was too bright, in my opinion and the sounds were too loud. Way too loud. The screams and bells and the horns and the- never mind.

But the colors are too bright and vibrant, I feel like someone was in a helicopter above the carnival and spit rainbows all over it. This seemed baby-ish.

So I waited for Alex by the entrance, watching young boys and girls and their parents walk into the carnival skipping and whistling along.

I saw her in the distance, dark hair waving in eh wind. She looked cute today, she was wearing a neon pink shirt that read: I hate Pink therefor I hate this shirt. On the back it read: I hate everybody, therefore you better shut up.
(A/N: I wish this was a shirt, I would totally buy it) She wore back jeans, with the shirt tucked in and a black fedora.

"Like the shirt," I said as she approached.

"Thanks. " she said sheepishly.

Together we began walking in there in silence . Not awkward but tentative, neither one of us sure what to say.

"Why the carnival?" Nico finally asked. "It's too happy."

"Whatever, death boy," she said, nudging me teasingly.

So I nudged her back, a slight hook in the shoulder.

She nudged me back harder and I stumbled a few steps.

"you win," I exclaimed.

She stuck her tongue out at me.

"Very mature," I said, sounding bored.

"Like you're mature," she said pointed an accusing finger at me.

I shrugged it off, wincing as the sun shone bright in my eyes.

"You okay?" she asked, her tone of voice different now.

"Oh, I'm fine," I said causally.

"Good. Because we have a long day ahead of us," she said after a moment of being hesitant.

"Oh Joy." I said sarcastic.

"What do you have against carnivals." she said, annoyed.

I ignores her and approached the ticket booth. "Two passes please and what- twenty tickets."

The fat dude in the booth grimaced as he reached for the wristband and sheet of tickets. He thrust them at me and slapped us away angrily.

"Well someones grumpy," I mumbled.

Alex laughed. " Hey, he's the typical fat mortal who sits at home on the couch and eats cheese balls,"

"Now I'm hungry," I whined, imagining cheese balls.

"Well then, Nico, lets get some food. I'm hungry too. Corn dogs?" she asked, gesturing to the corn dogs stand beside us.

There was a was ribbon of earthed up dirt that lead through the carnival winding between stands.The stands were small, anyone who was claustrophobic would not like them. Or anyone who hate colors (like me) would hate them.