Chapter Five

NICOLE

"Who the hell do you think you are?!" I yelled.

My heart was beating so fast that I lost track of how many beats I could hear. It wasn't because I had just slapped my boss or because he asked me to sleep with him in front of hundreds of his employees.

My stupid body was reacting to Aiden's presence. Him taking my hand and dragging me here was feeding my fantasies.

As we went through the elevator and into his office, my body had flashbacks of our encounter. This was very unfair. I needed to stay away from him.

Why was Aiden making this difficult for me?

He stood there, staring at me in shock. I immediately felt guilty and turned to leave.

This was not the first time I was slapping my boss. The first time, I didn't know who he was, but the second time happened because I couldn't control myself.

"Nicole, please wait," Aiden pulled me towards him and pressed my back to him. "Please, just hear me out," he says softly.

For a second, I wanted to stay in his arms. I loved the way my body fit perfectly in his arms; it sent warmth throughout my body and I wanted him to bring me closer. I painfully pushed him away and tried to regain my focus.

"I just got this job," I replied. "Are you trying to sabotage me? What if people go around saying I got this job by sleeping with you?"

"But you didn't sleep with me,"

"They don't know that,"

Aiden went silent after that and I hoped that was enough to convince him, but he took two steps closer.

"Did you listen to anything I said?" I asked, putting my hands in front of me.

What was wrong with this man? How desperate can a person really be? His behaviour was very inappropriate.

"I need you, Nicole. You can consider it part of your job here at Zen and we can be more discreet if it makes you feel better," he said.

I gasped in shock and a little disgust.

"You are such an asshole! Find someone else!"

I stormed out of his office as fast as I could. His assistant's eyes followed me as it did when he dragged me in here. I prayed she wasn't the type to gossip if not my days in this company were numbered.

I only had to show up here once or twice a week, but I'd prefer it if people didn't think I was fucking the CEO.

Just great Nicole!

As I walked inside the elevator, I remembered the way his eyes bored into mine. He looked tired, but I refused to be manipulated by that sexy son of a bitch. He would pass out and fall asleep any moment; it wasn't hard. He didn't need me.

I went back to my office and found Jessi seated at her desk. Luckily, she didn't ask questions about Aiden because I didn't have the answers to give her. I also stopped myself from asking about her relationship with Aiden because it was not my business if he was close with the only woman in my work department.

I sat down in my chair and took a deep breath. My computer pinged, letting me know that Harvey's assistant sent the emails regarding my testing duties for the day. I sighed and opened the email.

"I got you a sandwich," Jessi says from her chair, pointing to a part of my table.

I didn't notice it, but there was something wrapped in a paper bag next to a cup of boba tea.