Chapter Nine

NICOLE

I stood there speechless, forgetting that I had pressed the intercom button.

"Nicole, I know you're there. Open the door," he demanded.

This wasn't right. He's not supposed to be here. I escaped him at the office, so why was he at my house? I reluctantly opened the door, hoping to ask him all the questions I had.

"How do you know where I live? Did you follow me home that day?" I asked immediately.

He gave my outfit a one-over as if questioning me. On the first night we met, I was dressed like this too. I folded my arms to let him know I was serious, but he ignored me and pushed his way into my apartment, rolling a small suitcase behind him.

Was he moving in here?!

"Answer me or I'm calling the cops! You can't do this to me. This is a clear violation of the contract I signed with Zen. How can you follow an employee to her home?!" I ranted.

He turned around with an expression of disgust on his face. Or was it anger? I didn't know him well enough to tell.

"Are you suspecting me of stalking you?" He asked.

"Then explain yourself," I demanded.

"You work at my company. Finding you takes less than two minutes," he says proudly.

After that, I noticed his body relax as he moved further into my living room.

"STOP!" I screamed.

He haunted his steps and turned around.

"Is there a problem Ms Banks?" He asked innocently.

I could see the delight of my confusion dancing in his eye from my dimly lit apartment. I turn some lights off when I'm not using it. His gaze made me lose focus for a few seconds, but I caught myself before I indulged in another daydream.

"You're not supposed to be here," I said calmly.

"I want to sleep with you, Nicole." He replied. "If I can't have a good night's rest with you today, I'll never disturb you again,"

"I told you to find someone else,"

"I don't want to,"

"Why are you being unreasonable?"

"Because I want you,"

What can I say to counter that? He wants me? Why me?!

I searched my brain for a reply but found nothing. Aiden dropped his luggage and took small steps towards me.

"Wait," I stopped him.

He stopped and put his hands in his pockets as if giving me the floor to speak.

"Can you really not find anyone else?" I asked.

He nodded and pulled out a folded piece of paper from his pocket and handed it to me. It was the contract he spoke about. This was ridiculous.

I scoffed after reading the first few lines, then raised up the paper. My eyes locked with his and I tore the paper in front of him.

He gritted his teeth, rubbing his forehead.

"Why?" He nearly growled.

I moved back on instinct as he moved towards me. He sounded angry and there was no place to run to. This man had invaded my mind, my space, and now my apartment. He was out for blood.

It didn't take long for him to have me trapped like a mouse to the wall. Aiden was so close I could feel his angry breath fan my face. He was looking down at me, questioning my audacity.